Looking for feedback on eBay range hood

DIYspagirlApril 28, 2013

Hello,
I see numerous eBay listings for this range hood--apparently just a number of resellers getting the same product from China. The prices are all around $350. Does anyone have a more reputable source for an identical/similar looking design, or thoughts on buying this hood? I am looking for an under cabinet mount, and I specifically like the curved front corners and the substantial size of this one. But I don't mind spending somewhat more if there's a more trustworthy source available (although I'm definitely looking to keep the price down!). Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
M4rtin

For some reason this looks like a Proline range hood to me, but I cannot find exactly same looking on on Proline website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Proline

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 7:46PM
gulfer

I've been looking at range hoods recently, I think that's a Cavaliere. They're priced in the $600-$700 range on Overstock.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cavaliere Euro

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 10:07PM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

If it sounds too good, it is.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 10:22PM
snookums2

Buyer beware with eBay.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 10:55PM
ak0402

Check out range hoods sold at Costco. Good prices, and the Costco return policy is excellent. Their hood models come and go; sometimes there have been major scores reported on this forum. Try to get one with baffle filters rather than mesh if you can. Costco usually offers 30" and 36" sizes in each hood, and some of the ones shown as a chimney style can be mounted under a cabinet without the chimney.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hoods at Costco

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 8:07AM
attofarad

Personally, I don't like hoods with touch panels, etc. for controls. In the unlikely event that Broan can't supply a replacement part for my hood, I can source whatever I need elsewhere, since is just basic switches and a potentiometer. Good luck doing that in 5 years from some unknown name. It probably will not fail, but if it does, you have a boat anchor.

Bookmark   April 29, 2013 at 7:37PM
More Discussions
Advice on first draft of kitchen layout
One change already is I may go with a cooktop, micro/convection...
happyallison
Kitchen cracking in back panels
We had brand new white shaker cabinets installed in...
siegel438
Did anyone purchase a new color KitchenAid stand mixer...
...to go with your new kitchen? We are weeks away from...
mrsartsncrafts
Kitchen window or no?
We are planning our new home. I am a difficult time...
kymberie
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™