What is an average cost of spraying knockdown texture?

katestemMay 17, 2010

Hi, my fiance and I just purchased our first home in Gainesville FL. we got it for a good price but the inside needed to be gutted. Now we are to the point of needing to get texture done on the interior. We got a quote for a knockdown texture and it was $1500.00 for a 1500 sq ft house (3 bed/2 bath). I just need to know if this is a reasonable price or not. Thanks!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
southgeorgiamom

Are you sure that you want knock down? We decided not to get it. Find a house with it and check the line where the ceilings and walls meet and where the wall meets the trim. The paint line will never be straight with knock down.

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 1:17PM
annzgw

Is knockdown texture popular in your area? Here (PNW ) orange peel is fairly common and I have two textures in my home. They did the ceiling in knockdown and the walls in orange peel.

I understand what southgeorgiamom is referring to, but I have crown molding in my home and have not found it that difficult to cut in a straight line when I painted. Of course, it all depends on how heavy the knockdown is!

Get two more quotes to get an idea of pricing for your area. I would also suggest you ask to see some of their work.

Bookmark   July 11, 2010 at 8:09PM
jeffrow

Doesn't sound bad price wise. Is the house empty? If not be warned it is a VERY messy job. I did mine myself with a hopper gun and probably $40 worth of mix.

Painting and cutting in is a bit tougher but if the knockdown is not too heavy the lines are ok. I'm in CA, KD is pretty common out here.

Bookmark   July 12, 2010 at 12:28PM
jimmyland

Does the above quoted price include prime and paint of the ceiling?

Bookmark   August 2, 2010 at 8:23PM
More Discussions
Removing brick and install what?
Just for the sake of discussion...if one was to remove...
mlo1
What kind of awning can I add with this roof line?
Hi All, We want to add an awning outside of our front...
tmolly
Laying tile without cement board?
We pulled some tile up in several spaces. The tile...
nostalgicfarm
Build an Addition, Move, or Stick it out?
We live in a land-locked area with high real estate prices....
neverlandpirate
Help! Ceilings are dipping!
I don't know if this is just an unusual series of events...
andrelaplume2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™