What type of professional do I need to hire for this planning?
Looking to do some work in part of my basement that would involve the following:
- Dig down 2-3 feet
- Foundation work to support the new depth
- Moving/adding to plumbing system to support a move of the laundry room to the new area
- Rough-in of plumbing and electric for future bathroom
- Switching to a gas water heater (we do have gas to the house for heat and stovetop already)
It seems to me that I need someone with the following skills:
- Architectural/Design: would one spot be better than another for the laundry room? For the bathroom? How about a hallway? Where should doors best be?
- Engineering: what considerations need to be made with the new foundation? What if we wanted extra support for a potential future hot tub above this area?
- Plumbing: where would the best spots be to put plumbing to hook up with the current system? Where would the best spot for the water heater be?
Optimally it would be great to get a plan and a cost range, but if we just got plans we could get some estimates from contractors afterwards.
I have NO IDEA how to find someone to help with this planning. Does anyone have any suggestions?