Just reserved my quartzite slabs!

robynstampsApril 19, 2014

We currently live in Oklahoma and we are building a home in Utah. I am in Utah this weekend and put some awesome quartzite on reserve! It called out to me and I love it. Here is a pic!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carsonheim

Beautiful Robyn!

Looks lovely with your paint colors. Great choice :)

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 5:59PM
chiefy

Very pretty! Looks great with the rest of the components.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 6:20PM
robynstamps

Thank you! Here's a close up of the slab. It's called Branco Parana Quartzite! Lots of gray and white.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 8:07PM
cat_mom

Very pretty, and perfect with your cab colors!

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 9:57PM
romy718

Wow-beautiful piece of stone.

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 10:03PM
ontariomom

It looks gorgeous!! I love your colours. What is the grey cab colour with blue undertones? Also, what is the small rectangle on the right? What white did you choose for the kitchen? Can't wait to see your kitchen reveal.

Carol

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 10:16PM
xc60

It's beautiful Robyn, you must be so excited to see your build site in person again and pick out your choices! yay!!!

Bookmark   April 19, 2014 at 10:35PM
robynstamps

Carol - We are using BM White Dove and BM Steel Wool for our cabinets. The gray rectangle is our backsplash which is gray crackle tile.

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 9:35PM
ontariomom

Thanks robynstamps -- it all looks fantastic. Are you carrying the White Dove into the trim for the whole house? We are using SW Alabaster White which is very close match to White Dove. I am struggling with what to do about trim colour. In particular, I am finding my bathroom would look better with a crisper white than White Dove/Alabaster white. What are you planning for trim, vanities, painted doors, etc?

Carol

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 9:42PM
Mags438

Very pretty slab! And it works just perfect!

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 6:40AM
scrapbookheaven

Robyn, wow this is a complete turn around from your kitchen in Oklahoma! I love the slabs that you have picked out.

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 10:45AM
scrapbookheaven

Robyn, wow this is a complete turn around from your kitchen in Oklahoma! I love the slabs that you have picked out.

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 10:46AM
ikeltz

Beautiful! How exciting to have such a huge and crucial decision behind you. It is a gorgeous stone. We are trying to find our perfect slab of marble now. Can't wait to have this phase done.

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 4:37PM
firstmmo

That I love love love....no wonder it called out to you. It's perfectly gorgeous!!!

Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 1:49AM
kym6

That slab looks absolutely perfect. I was just looking at this quartzite where I live in my search for the perfect marble looking granite or quartzite. The slabs I saw have pink or red looking color in the veining and some odd blotches on the stone. It doesn't look like the stone you found has that. I got a sample and have been trying some testing on it as well. The mustard and raspberry sauce wiped off with no signs after an hour but the lime juice and white vinegar left a big spot where they had been. Have you noticed that with yours?
I also have had a bad experience with stone being labeled as a quartzite and then turning out to be a soft dolomite. I'm very leary of the label on any stone now.

I have 6 children and am very worried about stains and marks all over my kitchen island.
Looks like you found the perfect looking slab. Good for you!

Bookmark   April 23, 2014 at 2:37PM
robynstamps

kym6 - They did a test for etching with this slab and nothing happened with acidic juice. The stone is from Italy. It is pretty tough. Good luck!

Bookmark   April 23, 2014 at 3:07PM
Gooster

That's great -- I was like kym6, I found a bunch of slabs that were labeled as quartzite or claimed to be quartzite, but were not. These were dolomitic marbles that had been sealed and would resist etching for a few minutes, but not for an hour. They also failed the scratch test.

Robyn: the stone is beautiful!

Bookmark   April 23, 2014 at 4:03PM
bbtrix

It's stunning! Beautiful choice.

Bookmark   April 23, 2014 at 10:03PM
More Discussions
Very cool island sink with retractable faucet
Has anyone seen this Sink by Blanco? It is made to...
Dietitian
Help, my new white lacquer cabinets are peeling!
Hello, We reno'd our kitchen 1.5 years ago and installed...
cece1213
Kitchen Plan... getting closer!
I wasn't pleased with the idea of having to separate...
Dietitian
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
Seeking info on ikea kitchen cabinet discount
Ikea has their 15%/20% off kitchen cabinet sales going...
neonweb2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™