Long Ramble warning
So, I've been sick (better now) and then busy and quilting got put on the back burner. So three days ago, I decide it would be ever so pleasant to head up to the sewing room and just relax a little for an hour or so at my machine in front of a sunny window overlooking the pond.
The window looked streaky with the sun pouring in, and I figured I'd enjoy it more if I just cleaned them off a little first. I gets the Windex and start but notice the storms are also dirty, and decide to wash them as well.
Well, these are ancient windows and they don't fold out, and to access the storms, one must take the windows out. Literally. So to get the windows out, one must start to disassemble the wooden strips holding them in. I get the hammer. Windows out! The storms are dirty on the outside as well, so that means they must come out too.
Then I have two large holes in the exterior walls open to the great outdoors. Put cat away, so she doesn't get ideas and procede to wash the storms. Notice the glazing on the windows is crumbled an mostly missing. Find push points because somebody else thought they weren't necessary. Then have to make trip into town to get putty.
Remove what is left of old putty, and reglaze windows. Notice the windows are black exterior and the putty is white. Hunt for black sash paint.
Day two: paint windows
Day Three: try to reinstall windows. rofl. Won't fit. Go to tool shed and get sander. Sand window sides. Finaly get back in with help of husband who then needs to make new strips to hold windows in.
I broke the legs of my sewing cabinet when I moved it away from the windows to clean them. Hubby repaired that yesterday. When it broke, my new sewing machine slid off to the floor. It bent an arm. I took the machine apart and got that fixed.
I never did get that relaxing hour at the machine. I don't know what the moral of this story is. But this all started with one dirty window. Pathetic.