Russell Simmons-still for sale

qdwagOctober 29, 2009

Ms. Fabulosity, Kimora Lee Simmons, has reduced the price of her 35,000-square-foot home in Saddle River, NJ, to $16.5 million.

The 10-bedroom, 11-bathroom spread on 4 acres was listed for $23 million last year before it was taken off the market. It later returned at $19.8 million before the latest reduction, says broker Stephanie Rosken of Prominent Properties SothebyÂs International Realty.

The Baby Phat fashion designer, ex-reality TV star and former wife of music mogul Russell Simmons recently shipped most of the furniture in the New Jersey home to a new manse in Beverly Hills. We hear that if she sells in Saddle River, she plans to buy a Manhattan residence. She is the mother of three children, including her new son, Kenzo Lee, fathered by actor/model Djimon Hounsou.

SADDLE DOWN: Kimora Lee Simmons (inset) hopes to find a buyer at $16.5M.

The Saddle River house is on a gated estate that includes four koi ponds with waterfalls. It boasts a movie theater, a gym (with a steam room), indoor and outdoor pools and a pool house. ThereÂs also a 2,000-square-foot master suite (bigger than many apartments) and three kitchens  one for the staff, one for everyday use and one for catered events.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
qdwag

here is a link to listing..Anybody interested?

Here is a link that might be useful: Simmons link

Bookmark   October 29, 2009 at 12:05PM
laxsupermom

This is the house she did the MTV Cribs episode in. I believe the dinner service shown in the dining room pic belonged to the late Gianni Versace.

Bookmark   November 4, 2009 at 6:02PM
blueheron

Do we care?

Bookmark   November 5, 2009 at 8:16PM
cmarlin20

Do we care?

I'm sure I would if I just knew who Kimora Lee Simmons is?
Oh well...

Bookmark   November 5, 2009 at 10:06PM
theroselvr

Kimora Lee Simmons is owner/part owner of the clothing brand Baby Phat. She had a show on one of the cable channels called Fabulous IIRC.

Back when I sold my house there was another post about her, her ex Russell Simmons & Russell's brother, all of which were selling their houses IIRC.

Do we care? IDK, nice to know they are having to adjust the pricing on their houses too.

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 8:06AM
auntjen

That's quite the monstrosity.

I'll pass.

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 10:27AM
worthy

I love big showy houses!

Though I'd say the exterior on this one is particularly unimaginative.

Indeed, I have recurrent dreams about massive homes. In one, my home is a wing of a high-end shopping mall. This way, mrs worthy has only to roll out of bed to break the bank, instead of all that schlepping two miles up the road.

In another, I suddenly remember a mansion I started but lost track of a year ago. Probably relates to the clients who ran out of money for a few months, so everything came to a halt!

Love the gym, indoor pool and the theatre.

And now I know why the Phat clothes my daughter wears cost so bloody much! (I'm a Target kind of guy.)

Take a look (and here) at the highest price spec home in our neck of the woods: 30,000 s.f., asking C$23 million. If it doesn't sell, the builder will retain it as his own home.

Bookmark   November 14, 2009 at 5:24PM
More Discussions
Driving A U-Haul, Towing A Vehicle Transporter
Well after all the looking and reading we have decided...
splais
trying to buy worried about appraisals
I looked at a house, liked it an made an offer. The...
neobuyer
Best time to List a House
Is there a best time to list a house for sale? We have...
hayden2
Realtor company fee
Buyer agent told me there is $300 fee to realtor company....
net42k
How soon is "too soon" to select a realtor?
Not planning to sell until about this time next year....
lori_inthenw_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™