2 shower or tub systems on 1 wall??

EmmaKentuckyApril 1, 2011

I'm hoping someone has a much needed solution for me. In an 5' x 32" alcove end wall I am trying to place 2 separate systems, one a combined wall mount tub filler with attached handshower and at the top a shower system that contains separate water handles and a diverter handle. The diverter handle would normally divert the water flow to a traditional simple tub spout.

I am using a tub filler with a hand shower attached so that a sitting person could wash their hair or whatever without standing once in the tub. There is a handle on the tub filler that I could switch between the handshower and tub spout easily without assistance.

Is it possible to modify the plumbing inside the wall (wall is being retiled) so that the 2 separate system can work independently or we could use a simple levered diverter between the 2 systems so that people visiting me could easily take a shower?

I do understand that a simple lever on the outside wall may require work on the inside. But what type of work?

Any, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mag77

Have you looked at "slide bar" shower head attachments? I think one might be just what you're looking for - no need for new plumbing - they replace your existing shower head and have a standard, stationary shower head, plus a hand held spray that can mount anywhere up and down a vertical bar.

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 7:27PM
More Discussions
Remodel for your taste vs possible sale
We plan to be in our house for 4-5 more years. It's...
thbennet
when and how to cut contractor loose?
We have been living a bathroom nightmare! All started...
BathroomBlues
Kitchen cabinets
Can someone here give me the names of a few sites for...
Optimist999
2x8 Joists are 1.75x7.75 and 2x6 Joists are 1.75x5.75? why is this?
Posted this in another forum but looking for more answers. I...
tlbean2004
What kind of awning can I add with this roof line?
Hi All, We want to add an awning outside of our front...
tmolly
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™