Considering SW Netsuke for Bedroom

jovtfam4June 1, 2009

Hi, We have had a gallon of Netsuke ready to paint our bedroom for months now. We have twin toddlers so haven't gotten around to doing the job. We might have time tomorrow, but now I am rethinking our choice. Our entire house is in shades of golds. We wanted a green for our bedroom, and we went with Netsuke thinking it had a touch of green. I think we just fell into our gold comfort zone. Our room tends to be kind of dark. Can I see your rooms painted in SW Netsuke? I really wanted a green or maybe a soft blue, but this color was what we have...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joyce_6333

I used SW Netsuke in my dining room -- on the upper part above the plate rail and on the ceiling. The lower portion is SW Harmonic Tan. Both colors are on the same "color card" -- Netuske is two shades lighter. I think the color in this picture is pretty true. Both these colors change quite a bit depending on the light and time of day. Sometimes it appears very gold, and other times quite green, and even tan. I really like both colors, but hey, it's only paint, so an easy fix if you don't like it.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   June 1, 2009 at 7:03PM
jovtfam4

Wow, your dining room is stunning. You are right, I will just go for it. I guess I worry about the extra work if we don't like it because we have twin toddlers who always want to "help paint." I need to find someone to babysit and get to work!

Bookmark   June 2, 2009 at 3:47PM
joyce_6333

If I was close to you, I'd come and help babysit! My DH has 5 children (11, 10 yr old twin boys, 7, and 4) so I have lots of experience! LoL!

Thanks for you nice comment on the dining room. We've worked so hard on this 1916 Arts and Crafts home -- trying to bring it out of the pink/blue/fake flowers/Knick-Knack decor. Your comments mean alot.

Good luck. Show us pics when you're done!

Bookmark   June 4, 2009 at 10:06AM
susanlynn2012

joyce, I just love the color of the SW Netsuke on your wall. Thanks for giving me another color to think about when I am ready to repaint a few of my rooms in my home.

Bookmark   June 4, 2009 at 10:51AM
jovtfam4

Ah, twins. They are a joy. They have been irritating each other a lot lately though. They never get to be alone you know? They are always in each others' business. I have a boy and girl (2 years old) and they do have their own interests... I always dreamed of having a craftsman house. They are so lovely, my favorite style! Is it hard to find affordable furniture? I love the William Morris wallpapers and fabrics!

Bookmark   June 4, 2009 at 11:06AM
More Discussions
Check In here, Roll Call
Hello dear friends! Have you made it here ok? Let this...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
F&B to BM color closest matches
If F&B is not near you but BM is....
the_foxes_pad
JCPenny Linden Street Furniture Slip Cover?
Does anyone have the JCPenny Linden Street Furniture...
daisymc
Carriage House garage door with clay siding.
Hubby is finally ready to replace the garage and walk...
lodalady
I need help deciding what color to paint my sofa frame
I am re-upholstering a vintage french couch, with the...
lizzierobin
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™