The result of a binding transplant!

karpetSeptember 30, 2012

This is the wedding quilt that I had sewed the brown binding on to the front of and was working on hand-sewing it to the back when I decided that the binding would look much better on the quilt top I had just finished - so I took it off and was going to use a different brown on this one, but once the binding was off, I ended up putting an aqua binding on instead and am happy I did

This is the quilt top that I had another brown binding for, but the design of the brown binding on the wedding quilt just seemed to fit with these fabrics better as the other brown had more realistic florals on it instead of stylized. This quilt is smaller than the wedding one so there was plenty of binding.

Now I hope to never take off another binding!

Karlene

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toolgranny

It would have to be pretty bad to get me to remove a binding I'd stitched on already. Good for you! Both quilts are just lovely.

Bookmark   September 30, 2012 at 9:54PM
K8Orlando

Karlene, I think you made great choices. I love the brown binding on the blue quilt and the aqua looks great on the other one too.

These are both beautiful, stylish quilts!

Kate

Bookmark   September 30, 2012 at 10:21PM
bev2009

Both quilts look lovely. The first looks soft and dreamy and the second, bold and bright. Who is the second quilt for?

Bookmark   September 30, 2012 at 11:16PM
ritaweeda

I really like both of these quilts, especially the colors. I think your final choices were the right ones on the bindings. For some reason I think of the Islands looking at these quilts.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 6:34AM
nannykins

Good job on both. Nice happy colours.
Theresa

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 8:17AM
lafonda_ranch

That was definitely a lot of work, but the results look to be worth it. They are really nice :-)

Robbi

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 8:46AM
magothyrivergirl

Successful operation ~ Both these quilts benefited from the colorful bindings you (finally) chose. I think bindings are often overlooked as a design element. Alot of extra work for you, but you must be thrilled with the results.
Nice quilt patterns. Great job overall.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 8:54AM
karpet

Thank you all. The second quilt is for a coworker who took a job out of state where she will be working with a father/son horse stable, but will primarily be left to run the stable when they are traveling. I wanted to make something bright, feminine and cuddly. (The backing is flannel with a dress print on it.)

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 9:11AM
quiltnhen

Love your use of prints. Really good choices on the bindings. Glad your labor was worth the effort and bravo for finishing!

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 11:31AM
littlehelen_gw

Applause! Love those prints and really like your quilting; both are fresh! Kudo's for going those extra miles with the binding switch.
V.

Bookmark   October 1, 2012 at 12:57PM
pirate_girl

Hey Karlene,

Beautiful work & what a wonderful insight to switch the bindings! Looks like you really got that right, great job!

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 11:42AM
quiltingfox

I love both quilts, but my favorite is the 2nd one you posted in blues/pinks/yellow/greens. TFS!

Best to you,
Sandra

Bookmark   October 2, 2012 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
Spider Web
And I still have lots of scraps!!! The first border...
nannykins
My Mom's cross-stitch bookmark
I took a brief break from quilting the last 2 weeks...
quiltingfox
March 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Our March came in like a lamb. How about where you...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™