Need to add Vent hood to kit. Who to hire to install?

lenvtApril 25, 2010


I need to add a vent hood to my kitchen. A real, not re-circulating one. I've picked out my hood, but it isn't available locally, and I'd have to order it, so I can't rely on a dealer to install it, I suppose.

I've a raised ranch and the duct work would need to go through the roof. Who, what kind of person do I look for to do this? I am utterly ignorant about home repair and hiring people to do it. Since the involves cutting a hole in my roof I suspect it is not in the purview of your average handy man type.

An OTR microwave would need to be removed and the above cabinets raised or something to acomodate the hood height.



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Any remodeling contractor should be able to do the job.

    Bookmark   April 25, 2010 at 3:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I am a contractor/carpenter. I have done this for customers. Where are you located? You can submit a request at You will get three contractors to quote the job.

    Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 8:25AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Dog Grooming/Bathing Station, show me your pictures, please
I really need to include a bathing/grooming area in...
question about getting a bid from contractors
We're getting ready to put an addition on our house...
need help designing shed dormers
we bought an 1864 post and beam house and want to add...
Turning bedroom into walk-in closet
Our new/old house has small closets in the two smallish...
Question for contractors - after job is done (paying/thanking)
Hello. My bathroom remodel is wrapping up and I'll...
Sponsored Products
Twin Exposed Shower System - Rigid Riser Kit, Head & Handset Diverter
Hudson Reed
Kichler 380106 6 in. Universal Light Kit - 380106WH
$59.98 | Hayneedle
nw-s LED Puck Light Kit Silver Finish Neutral White
2Lt TrackLting Kit a Brushed Nickel
Pierce Black 6-Piece Complete Outdoor LED Landscape Lighting Set
Lamps Plus
Oval Falling Rain 12-light Chrome Crystal Chandelier
Tall Personalized Rock Enclosure
Grandin Road
Windpointe Pewter 52-Inch Ceiling Fan with Antique Bamboo Blades
$438.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™