Curb appeal for this old house!
My house desperately needs some curb appeal. It was built in 1966. We replaced the windows on the right side of the house and are replacing the windows on the left side soon. They are centered in the master bedroom so they pretty much have to be the same width (106"). I am planning on making them taller like the other windows. I don't love the space between these windows and the front door, but I figure a well placed tree might take care of that. I can't add a window in between the front door and the windows on the left (trust me).
Here are my ideas:
1. Remove brick around front door and replace brick with cedar shakes.
2. Make the front door more substantial by adding molding to the top and sides.
3. Replace/reface front stoop and steps and remove/replace old iron railing
4. Get nice stone walkway installed.
5. Move air conditioner unit to the side of the house (with the other one).
4. Possibly replace front door lighting with larger lights.
5. Get shutters for all front windows - what style and color??
Let me know what you think. I just don't know about the shutter style and color. I think it will add a lot of interest. Any other ideas?
Here is a link that might be useful: