DYI chrome legs for sink

schoolhouse_gwApril 19, 2013

The price of a set of polished chrome legs for a wall hung sink is high. Has anyone constructed or do you think it is possible to create a pair of legs out of chrome pipe? where would I look for the pipe? would need to add some fancy flange at the tops of the legs too I think.

I have found a pair on Ebay, and altho reasonably priced, they only adjust to 28" and by my measurements I need them at least 29"- 30" high. Found some "Jones Stevens" chrome lavatory legs on a web site for $22 but the review (only review) was poor. Legs not adjustable, too high (but at the height I think I need-30"), not good quality material.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brickeyee

Or get a sink that does not require legs.

They generally have a very strong bracket for mounting to the studs to hang the sink from.

Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 12:16PM
annzgw

It all depends on the sink design and the support it needs. The expense in the long run will mostly likely be the flange and the feet and getting a clean look once they're attached. Main question: are you going to be really happy with the end result once it's done?

Ebay doesn't always have the best prices (like they used to), so I'd continue searching for a better deal on the recommended stand.

Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 12:50PM
schoolhouse_gw

My sink is vintage (probably from the late 50's early 60's?) and wall mounted, originally had chrome legs, but they became rusty and corroded in spots at some point thus were removed. I don't even remember what I did with them, that was 30+ years ago. It's been hanging on the wall ever since with no problem, but I want to replace the legs.

So DYI might not give me the desired look? Perhaps not.

Like I said, the ebay price wasn't that bad, it was the height of the legs that might pose a problem. I'll continue to look tho. It might be a good idea to ask my contractor to get an accurate measurement too.

Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 1:57PM
schoolhouse_gw

Found another pair on ebay - made by the same company, Jones Stevens, only the legs are adjustable to 32 3/4" for $38 and free shipping. Despite the poor review about the others, I plan on ordering them as soon as Paypal goes through. The ad says "returnable, money back" - we shall see if that is true. I'll post back with an update.

Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 9:19PM
More Discussions
bookshelves around a fireplace with a vaulted ceiling
I am looking for help regarding design ideas for adding...
montanabo
I want to use LVT for the wall...
I want to use LVT to replace the worn wallpaper for...
sandra2288
Having builder install base kitchen & then immediately remodeling?
I probably would've preferred to buy an old house to...
Melanie Campbell
Popcorn Ceiling Removal...Is it worth it?
I have read many of the posts regarding Popcorn Ceilings...
cudjoegal
Questions about attic & insulation
1980's era house. Blown in FG insulation which at this...
lucas_tx_gw
Sponsored Products
LED Slimline Floor Lamp
$220.00 | FRONTGATE
Palio Credenza by Domitalia
$5,038.56 | Lumens
Quoizel Downtown 5-Light Chandelier
Overstock.com
Alpha Floor Lamp Beige
ModernistLighting.com
Mirage Chrome Nine-Light Chandelier with Clear Royal Cut Crystals
Bellacor