Things to look for
I'm making a list of things to check for when looking at existing homes, please feel free to tell me what I'm missing:
1. sex offender's in area/check registry
2. check for power lines/transformers
3. check neighbors for boats/large trucks/etc. in driveways
4. check for dangerous dogs/loud dogs
5. check with police to see how often they are called to area--types of crimes
I know some of these things are hit and miss as someone could obviously move in with a giant pitbull or boat, etc..but would be nice to know prior to moving in if there was an existing problem. I ask since a friend recently bought a home and then discovered they had a sex offender for a neighbor. What else can you think of?