News of my whereabouts....

odessaquiltsSeptember 27, 2010

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've not been around much lately, but life has actually kicked my butt to the moon and back of late. I have envelopes of birthday blocks unopened and hope to get to looking at them over the weekend so I can properly acknowledge them. I understand there is some worry and concern, but please know that we are working through some difficult issues at home and I will be back with all of you very soon.

To those folks in Patchwork Pines and Galaxy Stars who have not received a birthday block from me, it is my intention to complete all remaining blocks on my list (through the end of December) by either this weekend or next and get them mailed right away. I will admit to not being a good swap partner this swap, but please understand that it was not my intent to leave you all hanging.

The issues I have been dealing with are of a personal nature and that is all I need say about them. I appreciate your understanding and friendship as I continue to work through the situations and get back to my usual self.

Odessa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
grammyp

I hope things are getting better. I'll keep you in my prayers. We understand about the blocks.

beverly

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 9:46PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Odessa, I just knew there had to be something going on in your life. I'm sorry life got so drastic for you! There are some things we have no control over and just have to pick up the pieces that are left, or the ones you want to keep, and work through them. I won't be home for about 4 weeks, so you can do mine last if you want to. Sending good thoughts and hugs...

SharonG/FL-IN

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 11:00PM
lola99

Take care Odessa. If there is anything that we can do to help, please know that your quilting friends are here for you. You will be in my prayers.

Lola

Bookmark   September 27, 2010 at 11:49PM
quiltpartner

Like Sharon, I knew something was wrong - but didn't want to pry. Have bumped you up to the top of the prayer list - hope that's OK:) You know we're all pulling for you & hope things right themselves soon.
Sending you hugs,

Cindy

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 12:07AM
tinyteena

So glad to hear from you again. I think most of us have had drastic times in our lives when we found it difficult to cope. It's most important to look after yourself and your family first, then quilting/crafts can follow. Take it easy and know your quilting friends here will understand.

Kristene (TinyTeena)

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 6:32AM
dian57

Odessa, when I was a teenager my mother gave me the best advice ever: This too will pass.

I hope this time in your life passes soon.

Thinking of you,
Dianne

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 6:39AM
lafonda_ranch

I hope things come around real soon. You are in my prayers.

Robbi

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 8:31AM
petalpatsy

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles, Odessa. I hope things smooth out for you soon, too!

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 9:06AM
sandlapper_rose

Glad to hear from you. We were worried. I'll be wishing you much better days ahead!
Jeanne

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 11:10AM
bozogardener

Glad to hear from you, but sad to hear life is rough for you right now. Take care of yourself!

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 11:23AM
K8Orlando

((((Odessa))))

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 2:00PM
rosajoe_gw

Best wishes Odessa. Take care of yourself.
Rosa

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 3:01PM
nanajayne

All thngs have a place in our lives, even the bad ones. The coping makes us stronger and hopeful wiser. My thoughts are with you. God Bless. Jayne

Bookmark   September 28, 2010 at 10:45PM
sunnycentralFL

Oddessa,
So glad you posted...was thinking about you...you are not alone with life interferring with our best intension when we signed up for BD blocks. Lateness we can deal with, but please take good care of yourself as you work you way though. We'll be here.

Gwen

Bookmark   September 29, 2010 at 11:50AM
polardreams

Sending best wishes your way that things will work out okay. I'll keep you on my prayer list.

Sue/polardream

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 6:38PM
meima

I am sorry your world is rainy, but I surely am glad you are still with us. Hang in there. I am especially happy that your birthday came at a time when you needed a lift and you have some little packages of sunshine to remind you that people care.
Meima

Bookmark   October 1, 2010 at 6:53PM
More Discussions
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
Retreat finishes: 2013-2014
Three down...don't ask how many more to go :-)! All...
littlehelen_gw
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
How about a QOTD ????
What is your bestest, most favorite, the "I never...
beth7happy
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™