Has any used True North Cedar products? Trouble getting order

deedlesMarch 15, 2012

Hello,

I mostly post on Kitchens and occas. on baths but I have a potential problem arising and thought I 'd ask if anyone here has ever ordered cedar products from True North Cedar out of Minnesota? We ordered back in Dec. and was told it would be a couple months until the order could be filled (apparently 12' cedar lumber is hard to get?) but I've had to email the guy 3 times now to find out the status and each time he says he'll get back to me and hasn't once done so. This morning I received an email response to my last inquiry saying he'd get back to me 'later today', which has come and gone. I'm starting to get a bit irritated and nervous about this company and this particular owner.

Does anyone have any experience good or bad with this company?

Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: cedar company website

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pors996

Ohh man it's funny you say that, I am in the process of buying cedAr shingles right now, I actually just posted on the new home building forum. I spoke with this guy at true north an found him totally unprofessional. He kept making comments you must be rich blah blah and so on us he quoted me an outrageous price. If you need a good contact for cedar let me know.

Bookmark   March 16, 2012 at 10:01PM
megan234

We are also planning to shingle our house with white cedar and were thinking of using True North. Can you tell me who your good contact for cedar is?

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 4:55PM
deedles

Our cedar finally came last spring after multiple calls and emails. It looks to be good stuff but I'm not sure I'd go with them again due to the hassle.

Bookmark   June 11, 2013 at 6:00PM
More Discussions
Stair Problem
I'm hoping someone has a brilliant idea for me! I...
isabelyw
Help! Ceilings are dipping!
I don't know if this is just an unusual series of events...
andrelaplume2
Bad Countertop Fabrication
Hello, Hoping to get some advice/opinions! We just...
diynola
Removing brick and install what?
Just for the sake of discussion...if one was to remove...
mlo1
Ideas on changing floorplan / budget remodel for family home.
Hello; We are a family of five. Currently our oldest...
newdawn2001
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™