Quilt show_ Philadelphia

littlehelen_gwSeptember 11, 2012

My friend and I are heading to the Philadelphia PA quilt show on Friday. We did not register or plan on taking any of the classes offered, but only to stroll around looking at the amazing work of others and of course shop. We've never been to a quilt show larger than the one Lancaster PA and found that to be enjoyable, but it could be done in less than a full day. We were thinking of staying over night and going Fri and Sat., but I'm having second thoughts about the over night. Anyone ever been or have an opinion if there is enough to see that would consume more than one day at the show? We have hotel reservations, but I'm happy to cancel and spend the $'s or more fabric :-) but that's me.

Your input is very welcomed...

V.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

If you plan on closely examining each quilt in the show and also check out each vendor, you would probably need more than one day. I've never gone to a large quilt show, but have friends you have and they've enjoyed the extra time.....at least you don't feel rushed to see everything in one day. But, if you see something you can't live without, buy it and forget the overnight. Have fun!

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 9:22AM
K8Orlando

If I weren't taking vacation days to use for the retreat I would be flying up to join you! Have fun and make some impulse buys!

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 4:22PM
magothyrivergirl

Nothing to offer except make a bumper sticker that reads "WARNING--WE SLAM ON BRAKES FOR BATIKS SOLD OUTTA OLD RUSTY PICKUPS!" LOLOLOL
Have a great time. Think about taking a workshop with a 'famous' instructor. Take your time & have lots of fun!

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 5:51PM
littlehelen_gw

thanks all for your feed back...I've decided to go for the overnight so we can drive through Lancaster on the way home...looking for that OLD RUSTY TRUCK FILLED W/ BATIKS!!!
Ladies...next time in the area we need to cruise all the shops in Lancaster...I went on line and there are dozens!

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 7:28PM
K8Orlando

It's a deal!

I need a t-shirt that says "Cruisin' for Batiks".

Bookmark   September 12, 2012 at 9:48PM
More Discussions
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
How about a QOTD ????
What is your bestest, most favorite, the "I never...
beth7happy
What I LOVE about Houzz!
Now, I'll bet THAT comes as a surprise, right? From...
beth7happy
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™