Charity quilts 6 & 7

bev2009September 22, 2012

Needed to take a break from sewing, so thought I would catch up and post next two finished quilts for the children's home. One broken FMQ foot (cheap freebie thrown in when I bought my machine) to report but lots more learned and my FMQ skills are improving.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
magothyrivergirl

What a terrific way to learn and improve your skills! You are so generous. I wonder ~ how many hours you have spent on this charitable project?
You will be bringing smiles to many children.
Thanks for sharing your quilts with us.

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 8:51PM
quiltnhen

Great use of time and fabric! And practice makes perfect too.

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 9:23PM
msmeow

They are great! Congratulations!

Donna

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 9:51PM
vacuumfreak

Very nice job! They are both beautiful, but I especially like the 2nd one... how sweet of you to do that... How did you manage to break your foot? :o)

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 9:52PM
bev2009

Thank you everyone. I have had help. Another lady was piecing as fast as I could cut! I'm not sure what made the foot break. All of a sudden the needle stopped because a plastic piece had cracked and then bent the unit, which the needle then hit. High quality needle though, it didn't break and is still going strong. I couldn't believe it.

Some of the Seeds N Stitches gang might recognize fat quarters they had swapped with me. LOL Just finished another and will post pictures, probably when they are all done this week.

Bookmark   September 22, 2012 at 10:42PM
quiltingfox

I think they look great Bev.

Best to you,
Sandra

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 2:21PM
polardreams

Bev, What a great project! What size squares are you using? It looks like the quilts are about twin bed sized - perfect for the children in Africa. They will be wrapped in your love. TFS
Sue

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 4:17PM
bev2009

Those are 8" squares. These two quilts are the same size, but the others all seem to vary, but that's ok because the kids are all different sizes too. LOL The kids used to just sleep on a very thin pallet on the floor, but they now have beds with about a 3" mattress, no box springs. If they don't need the quilt to cover with, they will fold it to sleep on and provide extra cushioning. I figure the larger quilts are good to in case the mom's with AIDS are ill, they can use the quilt too.

Bookmark   September 23, 2012 at 11:27PM
More Discussions
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
How about a QOTD ????
What is your bestest, most favorite, the "I never...
beth7happy
What I LOVE about Houzz!
Now, I'll bet THAT comes as a surprise, right? From...
beth7happy
Selecting fabric - need opinions
Hi! I'm working on a black and white quilt. Each...
jlt37869
2015 February Block Lotto
(posting this a bit early so you can get a head start...
toolgranny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™