the light just came on....duh!

casiSeptember 26, 2011

It suddenly came to me as I was staring at my king size quilt blocks, trying to figure out how to add more border cause it just isn't getting big enough in the right places.... I did my (12 in blocks) 6 by 5 the wrong way!! I did it 6 long and 5 wide. When I turned it then it looks right. The only thing is that I have these stupid hearts that when I arranged the blocks I made sure that the hearts were facing the correct way for the most part! Oh meeeeeee. I think that I'm just going to leave it. I'm not going to tear those blocks out!!! This has definitely been a learning experience!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lola99

I'm not sure I can visualize exactly what went wrong. If you post a picture maybe someone here will have an idea which will incorporate your "mistake" and make it look like part of the plan.

Bookmark   September 26, 2011 at 5:54PM
K8Orlando

Casi, I know you've already made a lot of blocks but if you want to keep the hearts oriented the right way why not add another row to make it 6x6?

Kate

Bookmark   September 26, 2011 at 10:06PM
rosajoe_gw

Casi I try really hard not to have a right or wrong direction for my quilt blocks.

You can't always do that but it sure makes my life easier lol!

Bookmark   September 27, 2011 at 12:02PM
casi

Kate, I'm out of my main fabric pretty much! A lot of the blocks the hearts run every which way, it was just on a few that I definitely had a right way and a wrong way....guess they will just blend in. I'm probably the only one that it will bother. This quilt will go in an extra bedroom and we rarely have company anyway. It is just aggravating!

Bookmark   September 27, 2011 at 4:55PM
magothyrivergirl

casi, make it easy on yourself and rotate the quilt, add the border and get it done!!! You will be very proud of it, even with the hearts not facing the direction you intended. Depending on where you stand in the room~the hearts will be facing the right way :). You've done a great job on your quilt. You've made a mistake that only you will notice (yes, it would bug me!) but, others are only going to see the beauty.

Bookmark   September 27, 2011 at 8:48PM
casi

thanks Mag!

Bookmark   September 28, 2011 at 9:34PM
More Discussions
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
Jamestown Landing ready to quilt.
I got the top done and loaded onto the frame. I am...
jackier123
Washing polyester quilt tops?
Hello, My granny recently gave me a couple of quilt...
anniebeagle
Sewing Cabinet opening size
I have a new Babylock Crescendo sewing machine (equivalent...
kimwebs
I'm new here and sharing my quilts
Hello, I'm new to your forum, but not new to sewing....
craftylady
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™