M W sewing machine

GRAMIEBJSeptember 16, 2011

At a yard sale today I found a Montgomery Ward & Co. sewing machine in its orginal cabnet. No owner manual or extra feet, it is a Model-E no numbers the motor says 15V 60W AV or DC I only paid $5 for it so I am not out a lot but it does not have a foot peddle. All cords are there, the female plug that fits into the foot or knee pedel needs a 3 prong end all prongs need to be round. Can anyone give me more information on it? I am still surching the net for information.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toolgranny

I had that machine years ago and it was good. But, without a manual or power cord, don't know how you can use it. Keep searching the internet and there is a place online you can download manuals for a fee so you might try that. But, I wouldn't buy anything till I found a foot pedal and power cord as it's just a "boat anchor" if you can't find that.

Internet sites call it "Wards". Good Luck.

Bookmark   September 16, 2011 at 7:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
GRAMIEBJ

Toolgranny
I know it is a long shot to find the foot peddle but for 5 dollars I can always put it up in my sewing room with the other non working or just plain to old to use sewing stuff. it is fun to look at! Will try using "Wards" on line. Thank You

Bookmark   September 16, 2011 at 8:26PM
More Discussions
I'm new here and sharing my quilts
Hello, I'm new to your forum, but not new to sewing....
craftylady
a question regarding binding
I know. I'm just full of questions. I want to make...
donna_loomis
Questions about Camp Cheerio retreat
Okay, so I know this is a little early to be planning...
loisflan
Showing off 2 quilts my Mom made!
She gave me this one: This one is for friends of my...
Tiffany, purpleinopp GardenWeb, Z8b Opp, AL
Q for you re blue jean quilts
A group of ladies and myself will be making quilts...
bev2009
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™