Need to add Bathroom somewhere?

justinjkMarch 3, 2014

Hi
I am doing a full remodel basicly a rebuild of my house of last 5 years. I am getting to the end and want to install a 2nd bath. When I framed and finished Master I include a space for a small bathroom. But I didnt have money to finish it so I just drywalled it and am using it as WIC. I had planned on adding a closet across back wall of bedroom once bathroom fixtures were added. Now I dont want to loose that space. Will only have 11x13 master. So now Im back to planning.
Only thing I can think of is to add door into living room so I can loose hallway going to MBD. I really doing want to do this. I already insulated this wall for sound and I still hear tv a little. Plus it is a little weird.
I originally had master bedroom were living room is but living space was too small so I reworked layout.

I installed trusses so there is no load bearing interior walls. The bath that is done has electrical panel on end wall so i dont want to move that wall. I built one big bedroom for 2 little girls and when they got older I was going to wall up in between rooms. So there needs to be a door and closet would be nice. Anything else can be moved.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kirkhall

I"d move your master bedroom wall to between the right hand and middle (slider door?) and make it straight. And, then, add your closet somewhere in your now enlarged bedroom. That is probably still "messing with your insulated wall", but frankly, putting a closet along that wall will give you better sound insulation anyway.

Bookmark   March 4, 2014 at 9:10PM
justinjk

Thanks for the input. That would make for a nicer masterbed room including the sliding door in it. But the living room is already a little small. 14x14 moving wall over 3 feet would make it 14x11 and my furniture would not fit without being in middle of walkway. Thought of switching livingroom and dining but like the idea of hiding the living room around the corner.

Bookmark   March 7, 2014 at 1:31PM
justinjk

I think im going to move washer and dryer forward 5'. So you would walk from bath into a 5x5 WIC. It will be tight but its the only thing I can think of. Debating on an addition off back of the house too but I dont want to jump into a project that big right now.

Bookmark   March 7, 2014 at 1:35PM
More Discussions
Having builder install base kitchen & then immediately remodeling?
I probably would've preferred to buy an old house to...
Melanie Campbell
Popcorn Ceiling Removal...Is it worth it?
I have read many of the posts regarding Popcorn Ceilings...
cudjoegal
question about getting a bid from contractors
We're getting ready to put an addition on our house...
sparkleblue75
Structural Engineer - What do I need to Know?
I'm planning a kitchen gut/remodel in my three-story,...
Carrie B
Joint Compound on Plaster Walls - Discoloration and bubbles?
We are having joint compound applied to our old plaster...
gqchynaboy
Sponsored Products
Stefan Oil Rubbed Bronze Two-Light Bath Vanity
$44.00 | Bellacor
Le Bain Tub Mat
$30.00 | Horchow
Creative Home Inverary Banded Marble Cotton Ball Holder - 74626
$20.63 | Hayneedle
Aris Bath Bar
Lightology
Feiss Sophie 21 1/2" Wide Brushed Steel Bath Light
Lamps Plus