June's decorated Porches and Patios

oakleyokJune 24, 2013

Ms. Trail has been lax on the job! lol.

Show us your porches and/or patios you have decorated for summer. If anyone does container gardens for flowers I'd love to see them. I'm going to do that next summer, but it will take all winter to figure it out.

My flower's are just now starting to grow because of the cold spring we had. This is one side of the front porch. Chalk art courtesy of my grand's.

I'll throw this picture in for good measure. My grandson doing what little 4 year old boys do.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
newhomebuilder

Your porch is lovely, and what a beautiful photo of your grandson!

I am waiting on painters to finish an almost year long project. Well, it's been a year since we started. Then we had a winter break while waiting for pergola cedar to season. Once the painting is complete (hopefully by the end of the week) I will post my porch/patio photos here. Was planning on doing so in a separate post.

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 5:11PM
pps7

I have a hard time getting things to grow in the covered patio bc it's 20' deep. Any ideas?

This post was edited by pps7 on Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 20:33

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 8:27PM
oakleyok

pps, your patio is utterly beautiful! And I see a Badminton net in the background, the one sport other than baseball that I excel at! lol

A dear friend told me to use Ferns and some types of Begonia's for the areas that get no sun. I did and they're doing pretty good! I think the lighter leaf Begonia's are for shade, the darker ones for sun.

Impatiens are good as long as they get some good indirect light.

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 2:24PM
More Discussions
need help with deciding how far to extend built-in bookshelf
Hello - We are in the process of designing a built-in...
eastvillgal
Baseboards and door molding
my baseboards are dark-stained wood to match wood floors,...
valmooreinphx
Red / burgundy accent wall?
Hi all! Would love your opinions on this ! My husband...
eesmerelda
Do you have a blog?
Not sure what the houzz rules are (snicker at myself...
the_foxes_pad
Animal print carpeting revisited
I googled stark and it looks like it sells to the trade....
bossyvossy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™