Oven Help in Kitchen Remodel

alarkin15March 29, 2011

Hi everyone! I'm in the process of remodeling my kitchen and these forums have been SO useful. We're doing Ikea Adel cabs, and while on the Ikea site I ran across the Praktfull oven, which after doing research found is a pared-down version of the Fratelli Oniri. This is exactly the look I was searching for, but my husband (who truth be told, does most of the cooking) will not agree to a convection oven. Does anyone know of a conventional oven with this same aesthetic? Trying not to break the bank, but I'm open to suggestions. If this isn't the right place for this post, just let me know. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ideagirl2

Post this in the appliances forum and you'll get a TON of advice.

BTW, why is he opposed to convection ovens? Generally they're considered more desirable than non-convection ovens. Is it just that he's never used one and doesn't want to change what he's used to? I wonder if reading up a bit more on them might change his mind.

If you want to shop in addition to getting advice, go to AJ Madison, click on "Cooking" and then "Gas ranges," and then on the left-hand side, read down until you see "Convection" and then click "No." That will show you over 150 ranges, from cheeeeap to very expensive, that do not have convection. In higher-end ranges it is harder to find non-convection ovens--like I said, it's considered desirable by most.

I'll put a link below but if it doesn't work, just follow the above instructions. If you need a 36" like the Praktfull, there are only 14 of them available; if you're interested in a 30", there are 101 of them (and of those 101, 20 of them have five burners like the Praktfull instead of four--but on a 30" range five burners is a bit crowded).

Here is a link that might be useful: AJ Madison.com - gas ranges without convection

Bookmark   March 30, 2011 at 6:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
skatiero

You can use a convection feature or not, as you choose convection or non-convection each time you cook. Does your husband know that?

Bookmark   April 5, 2011 at 9:33AM
More Discussions
Laying tile without cement board?
We pulled some tile up in several spaces. The tile...
nostalgicfarm
Renovation costs per square foot, Miami, Fl.
Can anyone give me an idea about renovating a 1972...
Gayle Atlas
Structural Engineer - What do I need to Know?
I'm planning a kitchen gut/remodel in my three-story,...
Carrie B
Getting ready to remodel the second floor, where to start?
We are beginning to interview contractors. Would like...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Stair Problem
I'm hoping someone has a brilliant idea for me! I...
isabelyw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™