OT - Trip to Italy

loisflanSeptember 17, 2012

My daughter and I will be leaving for Italy on 9/27. We've talked about this trip for at least 20 years, and I figured we'd better do it while I'm still able. We took a refresher Italian course this summer, and while we're in Florence, we're taking a Tuscan cooking class. We'll also spend time in Rome. Our heritage is Italian, so this is quite special for us. I've been lucky enough to have gone to Italy several times, but she has only seen Venice.

Kate, if I win the September lotto, don't be surprised if I don't respond. I'll be sipping wine and eating pasta under the Tuscan sun, or moon, as the case may be. Ciao.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quiltingfox

That sounds like such a fun trip. I do hope you enjoy it immensely! I wonder what kind of quilts they make in Italy?

Best to you,
Sandra

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 1:39PM
msmeow

Ooh, I'm jealous! We did a Mediterranean cruise in 2008 for our 25th anniversary and we stopped in Sicily, Amalfi, Florence, Pisa and Rome (among other places). I really want to go back and see more of Italy.

My Italian consists mostly of musical terms, but I was surprised how much we understood.

Have a WONDERFUL time!

Donna

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 1:48PM
quiltnhen

Have a fantastic trip. Sounds like you'll be a great guide too. Hope to get there some day.
LindaB/CA

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 1:54PM
K8Orlando

Have a great trip and have fun cooking! I'll hold any lotto winnings for you until you are ready for them.

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 3:31PM
nanajayne

Enjoy---that says it all.

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 3:33PM
bloomorelse

Hope you have a wonderful trip and make great memories.

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 4:51PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Have loads of fun and enjoy the cooking class. My brother and his girlfriend spent quite a bit of time traveling all over Italy last Spring taking over a thousand pictures. He ended up having a book printed of only about 200 but it shows their trip from beginning to end.....a lot of the country and hillside, people hanging out of windows, laundry drying and their way of life and travel. It was awesome just looking at the pictures! (He said he ate Margherita Pizza whenever he had a chance!)

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 5:13PM
polardreams

Have a fabulous time! We went to Italy in 2008 and I am ready to go back! Florence is lovely, Rome is incredible. Enjoy the time with your daughter!

Sue

Bookmark   September 17, 2012 at 6:52PM
More Discussions
Help quilting forum
can't get pictures to go with the posts
babyarlo
Oh my!
Switching over to Houzz very challenging! I sure hope...
nannykins
2015 Lotto Blocks
Finished Feb. Lotto block and want to get started on...
ibquiltn4fun
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™