step back

lyviaMarch 24, 2011

The overall plan is adding a 1000 sq feet, but the planning for that is getting overwhelming. I'm thinking of starting over with a new architect, but I am also thinking of doing a little bit this summer. I just found out the kid will be at camp for five weeks. Maybe I can redo the hall bath and her closet,and get my wet bar built in that time. But there's some electrical, which means the washer dryer have to move too - they are currently in front of the panel. I would have to find a temp spot for the TV. And we lose the bedroom that is slated to become a passage anyway.

I have such mixed feelings about how much to tackle. I don't suppose there is a real answer.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lyvia

I talked to a new architect yesterday. I had asked the old design build firm to get rid of the old architect (well, I made my husband be the meanie lol!) so it should not be a surprise. The bank said the next step was to sign a contract with the builder, and I found I just couldn't. So back to the beginning.

The new firm has a better website, and they were so wonderful on the phone - but I don't know if I am ready for a new relationship. I swing between buying into the vision and cynicism.

Any advice on picking an architect? (in Northern Virginia, just west of DC)

Bookmark   March 30, 2011 at 6:17AM
More Discussions
Laying tile without cement board?
We pulled some tile up in several spaces. The tile...
nostalgicfarm
Clueless - help me decide on floorplan!
I need help! We are renovating and adding on to a 1600...
essenay
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89 x-post
x-posted in Windows forum We're getting ready to remodel...
lisa_a
Do I match exterior door/window hardware to interior?
We will have white interior doors with oil rubbed bronze...
happyallison
Ideas on changing floorplan / budget remodel for family home.
Hello; We are a family of five. Currently our oldest...
newdawn2001
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™