Should window heights match?

Kristen HallockApril 12, 2013

We are remodeling and putting in 2 new windows. The windows will go on either side of our range. They will be somewhat narrow, about 19.5" wide (interior measurement). The measurement from molding to molding will be about 25 1/4".

These windows are on one wall run in an L-shaped layout. The other wall has a window over the sink that will stay as-is. But that window is kind of short. Should I keep these new windows the same height as the sink window? Or do you think they can be a bit taller?

here is a picture of the sink window (pardon the mess, we are tearing down cabinets)

And the new windows will go on this wall, approximately near the wall-oven and another one near the fridge.

And the intended outcome is for it to look like this

I'm thinking the windows should match in height, but that sink window just seems so short.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lzhwong

Since they are on opposite walls I think it might be ok if they don't match. Is there any way you can make the window in front of the sink wider and taller? My new kitchen will have a very similar layout as yours. However, I am planning a large window in front of the sink and two smaller windows flanking the stove.

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 3:49PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kristen Hallock

No, we cant widen the sink window. We *could* make it taller, but i doubt DH will be up for that. We are doing this on our own with DH doing all of the labor so he wont want to add that project to his list.

Also, that wink window looks out to a screened in porch. So its not really an idyllic view. We've already ordered cabinets too so thats the real reason we arent widening it (along with DH never wanting to do that!). He is already b!tching about the 2 range windows. LOL!

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 4:03PM
More Discussions
Does this butler pantry addition add or detract from my kitchen?
My midcentury home has a very open plan and lots of...
rockybird
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
Can you use IKEA base cabinets as wall cabinets?
Wanting something larger for over-the-fridge than their...
lookintomyeyes83
Help needed with this beam!!!
We had part of a wall taken down in the kitchen &...
mark_rachel
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Sponsored Products
'I Love Soccer' Monogram Fleece Blanket
$39.99 | zulily
Leitmotiv Glass Bottle Lamp Bundle
ModernistLighting.com
Dutailier Modern Glider - Espresso & Velvet Taupe - 64A200-69-3091
$329.98 | Hayneedle
Geode Stainless Steel One-Light Crystal Swarovski Elements Pendant Light, 4W x 4
$460.00 | Bellacor
Tech Lighting | 12V 300W Single-Feed Surface-Mounted Magnetic Transformer for TE
$445.60 | YLighting
Modern Indoor/Outdoor Oriental Weavers Rugs Grace Carnavon Multi 1 ft. 10 in. x
$48.97 | Home Depot
Globe Electric Recessed Lighting 4 in. Recessed Dark Bronze Light Fixture 90013
$18.99 | Home Depot
Trilliane Silver 10-Light Crystal Swarovski Elements Semi-Flush Light, 24W x 10.
Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™