Hiring a realtor for paper work

brantSeptember 30, 2009

We have a cash offer on our home that is paid for. We want to make sure the paper work is completed properly. Can we hire a Realtor just for the legal paper work process. If so do you know what they charge. We thought about a real estate lawyer also. Others are telling us that the title company has all the p/work we need. I want to make sure everything is done legally.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Billl

You need a lawyer. A realtor would help you bring in a buyer for your house. That part is done already. A lawyer will go through the paperwork to make sure everything is done correctly. It will only cost $500 or so, not 6%.

Bookmark   September 30, 2009 at 10:37AM
cmarlin20

I agree with hiring an attorney, it should not cost much and will give you good information.

Bookmark   September 30, 2009 at 2:35PM
creek_side

You can hire a realtor. Firms such as Assist-2-Sell have pricing for that service, but as Bill says, use a lawyer instead. Make sure you hire a real estate attorney. Not all attorneys are created equal. Real estate is a specialty field for them.

Bookmark   September 30, 2009 at 2:38PM
hendricus

We just used a title company. Bought a building on land contract. Sold building with one and a half years left on contract. Three parties involved, buyer, ourselves and previous owner of building. Title company did all the paperwork in one week. It did cost extra for that though.

Bookmark   October 1, 2009 at 11:22AM
More Discussions
Retiree - rent or buy home
We are newly retired and have a plan to sell our current...
waterlily_girl
something to check when buying a home (pets/carpet)
something i wish i'd checked out before purchasing...
kiki_redo
Being Sued for Home Sale
We had our home built in 2003.It was our dream home.Half...
camsgt
How soon is "too soon" to select a realtor?
Not planning to sell until about this time next year....
lori_inthenw_gw
Lady Realtor coming to house at 6:30pm and its dark outside?
I was looking up homes for sale around me on trulia...
tlbean2004
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™