What to do when couple can't agree on house? (BUY)
Does anyone have any experience with, or some tips on how to resolve, when a couple can't agree on a home purchase?
Background: Been looking to purchase for 4+ months now. Not many choices so far. Lots of small fixer uppers or large luxo homes, but little in the middle. When something does come in the middle, there's bidding wars. (Lost a couple of those already.) Tried extending search area to a few more towns...nothing. Bumped up max price range another 50, still nothing.
Situation: Recently looked at a home, priced just above a newly increased price range. Looked more out of curiosity than attraction at first.
She likes it. Recognizes it's the only option available, and a good way to end search (been living in a hotel with the kids.) Wants to put an offer.
He's just neutral on the property. Recognizes that it has most of the requirements. But just doesn't FEEL any attraction to the house or neighborhood. There have been neighborhoods they've driven into (with nothing for sale) where they instantly agree "wow, this feels like home." But they don't get that here.
The listing is 6 months old, been no other offers, and supposedly no other interest right now. He thinks they can wait and still look, keep this on the back burner. She is very pro-active "type A." Wants it, wants it now. (actually, it's new const and wouldn't be ready for 60-75 days.)
Should he just "suck it up" and buy a house he doesn't feel anything for?
If not, what arguments does one do/say to convince the other person to pass on something they want?