Backsplash for kitchen?? White cabinets & Giallo Napoli granite

dms11February 26, 2014

I am getting granite countertops installed on Friday, and only have a few days to choose a backsplash that looks right with my kitchen.

My Cabinets: I have the original 13-year old builder-grade MDF white laminate cabinets that I cannot afford to replace right now. Down the road I want to reface the drawer/door fronts but my cabinets will remain white nonetheless.

My Granite-"Giallo Napoli": If you're not familiar with GN, the color is very similar to New Venecian Gold, and some Santa Cecilias. It has a honey/golden tone, with some white, taupe and black. I like the black in the granite since it goes well w/ my SS appliances. GN is also very busy looking to me so I definitely do not want a mosiac/multicolored backsplash.

Everything else: My kitchen flooring is a very warm honey oak. I have all stainless steel appliances and brushed nickel hardware and faucet. The undermount sink will be stainless too. Wall color is currently SW "Blonde" but may change to "Whole Wheat" later.

For now, I just need to figure out a backsplash that does not look out of place with my cabinets, but can be versatile in case I reface the doors.

So, today I found this porcelain tile backsplash and looks really neat -- but would this look right with my basic white cabinets and Giallo Napoli granite? The backsplash I found is porcelain, not natural stone, so a huge plus for me (easy to keep clean and no sealing!) - also, it does not require any grouting either since you literally stack it one on top of the other.

What do you think about this stacked "stone" tile being the backsplash? Any other suggestions?? What are your opinions on the color, gloss/finish, subway or square, etc?

***Granite sample next to the Medium Gray backsplash

***Granite sample next to backsplash in BOTH colors, the medium gray and black tile:

***Photo of my kitchen with the recessed lighting turned on (I definitely want to replace the current wood valence above the window with an arched valence):

***Here's a photo of my kitchen with lights off (natural afternoon light):

***Other side of kitchen:

***Same view, just closer up:

***Here's a photo of my Giallo Napoli granite sample:

And, lastly...
Here are some examples of the look this backsplash would create (the colors are not the same, but it's an idea anyway of this type of backsplash w/ white cabinets and granite):

Any input would be great. Thanks!

-D

This post was edited by dms11 on Thu, Feb 27, 14 at 8:20

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weedyacres

The kitchens forum is the best place to get advice on this type of question.

Bookmark   March 5, 2014 at 7:37PM
More Discussions
Structural Engineer - What do I need to Know?
I'm planning a kitchen gut/remodel in my three-story,...
Carrie B
bookshelves around a fireplace with a vaulted ceiling
I am looking for help regarding design ideas for adding...
montanabo
Having builder install base kitchen & then immediately remodeling?
I probably would've preferred to buy an old house to...
Melanie Campbell
Question for contractors - after job is done (paying/thanking)
Hello. My bathroom remodel is wrapping up and I'll...
mrsshayne
Questions about attic & insulation
1980's era house. Blown in FG insulation which at this...
lucas_tx_gw
Sponsored Products
James Martin Furniture Malibu 60 in. Double Vanity - Honey Alder - 500-V60D-HON
Hayneedle
Cambridge Garnet Red Paint Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Adagio White Carrera With Thassos Line Marble Tile
$18.90 | TileBar
37" Crystallized Glass Stone Vanity Top with Undermount Sink
Signature Hardware
Sophia Blue Tile
$12.99 | Dot & Bo
Cambridge Maple Caramel Stained Wood Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Ambella Home Collection - Lorraine Square Counter Height Gathering...
Great Furniture Deal
Solid Copper Wall Tile with Diagonal Design
Signature Hardware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™