First time buyer tax credit

cmae17August 22, 2009

I retired.. sold my home and moved to another state where houses and taxes are cheaper. Now I'm looking for that house in the new state. Is there anything for me in the stimulus package. It's been less than a yr but I don't have a house & it seems like since I moved to another state for financial reasons there should be a bit of help for me the senior.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Tax laws are changing all the time. Please find a CPA in your new area, and ask them. It could depend on how much you sold you old home for and what you paid for it.
I am not quite sure what you are talking about in the stimulus package. You might have to pay taxes in both states for the first year.

    Bookmark   August 22, 2009 at 10:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The way I understand it, in order to qualify you must not have owned a home in the past three years.

    Bookmark   August 22, 2009 at 11:25PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Real Estate Agent Fees
My nephew is selling his condo, the agent that is selling...
pros/cons of first floor master
I've looked at several newish (1990s or newer) homes...
what do you do with mail that comes for previous occupants?
I always get mail that is meant for previous occupants...
something to check when buying a home (pets/carpet)
something i wish i'd checked out before purchasing...
1031 Reverse question
We already purchased an investment property and are...
Patience Spina
Sponsored Products
Serena & Lily Riviera Side Chair
Serena & Lily
Cape Cod 42 in. Square Patio Table - C38542BLK
$732.99 | Hayneedle
Blue & Beige Beryl Wool Rug
$34.99 | zulily
Tranquil Chrome Two-Light 8-Inch Flush Mount with Royal Cut Clear Crystal
$178.00 | Bellacor
Koncept Gen 3 Z-Bar Mini Warm Light LED Desk Lamp Orange
Euro Style Lighting
Geo Medallion Rug 3'6" x 5'6" - WHITE/ORANGE
$399.00 | Horchow
Single Bowl Copper Bathroom Sink
MR Direct Sinks and Faucets
Modern Style Pendant Light with Clear Glass Shade in Jar Shape
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™