how to find FHA mortgage brokers ?

ani_tAugust 7, 2011

I went to the bank that holds my original load and got a quote (not locked in yet)

There could be a big discrepancy between what is my listed value in the property records of the county and the actual market value. In any-case I need an appraisal.

If I am really close to 90% of LTV as my county records suggest its probably better for me to get an FHA loan. only I an not sure how to.

How do I find these FHA brokers ? Will they need an appraisal or can they lock in my rate and then get an appraisal ? don't know how it works. Can I get an appraisal by myself and use it to get quotes with different banks ? I need to do this asap too... thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brickeyee

"There could be a big discrepancy between what is my listed value in the property records of the county and the actual market value."

Appraisals for real estate taxes rarely match actual values very well or for very long.

Just start calling mortgage brokers and ask them if they have any lenders that do FHA.

The brokers do not actually make loans, they find you a lender who makes the loan.

Bookmark   August 8, 2011 at 4:19PM
ncrealestateguy

Do not get your own appraisal. The lender that you eventually go with will require one of thier own.
You can not lock a rate in until you formally apply for a loan, and agree to the $400 application fee.
FHA loans onloy require 3.5% doen payment , but there are certain criteria to meet. Most lenders can handle an FHA product.

Bookmark   August 9, 2011 at 3:06PM
brickeyee

"Most lenders can handle an FHA product."

Some hate the extra hassle of FHA.

Bookmark   November 20, 2012 at 9:45AM
More Discussions
Realtor company fee
Buyer agent told me there is $300 fee to realtor company....
net42k
Preparing to list starter home w/o dishwasher etc.: how big a problem?
When I bought it and redid the kitchen, I replaced...
gramarows
CO inspections...and other issues/questions
Son is buying a 1951 home. Inspector noticed the top...
cindywhitall
Being Sued for Home Sale
We had our home built in 2003.It was our dream home.Half...
camsgt
Home sellers: Terrible experience with realtors?
Hi there, I'm getting ready to sell my house and need...
dollhausimaginations
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™