Trying to find dark bronze door knobs/levers

kaleynaFebruary 27, 2014

Hi. I have replaced a good number of the windows and a French door in my townhouse and went with a white frames with very dark bronze hardware/handles. Now I am going to be replacing all the interior doors and I am having a terrible time finding a line of door knobs or levers that are not exorbitantly expensive and that are a solid dark bronze throughout the handle. All of them, like Schlage for instance, have a dark look but then a bit here and there of an almost copper bronze metal peeping through. NOT a fan of that look at all. Does anyone know where I can find nice affordable door handles in a very dark solid oil rubbed bronze look? I've attached a photo of the French door handle is have. I'm not looking to match the style as I am not a fan, but they were my only option with the French door brand I bought. I'm looking for something more classic looking rather than modern. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
foodonastump

Check out Rocky Mountain Hardware for real bronze. I don't know anything about them other than their hardware is real bronze.

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 7:10PM
kaleyna

Thanks for the suggestion but it looks like their stuff isn't that dark bronze color and they look both very expensive and limited in their styles. The search continues! :)

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 7:24PM
millworkman

What you have and are looking for is not really ORB. Your looking for is essentially a faux ORB finish. Your hardware appears to me to be Hoppe Rodos style lever hardware in what they call Rustic Umber.

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 7:38PM
kaleyna

Thanks but Hoppe Rodos does not appear to have interior door knobs. I know that is not the exact brand because I asked Milagrd what they use. But htose companies they use for this hardware also don't have door knobs.

Bookmark   February 28, 2014 at 8:32PM
More Discussions
Design and Planning a Remodel/Addition on a Budget
I bought my first home three years ago and had grand...
gzehnder
Help! Ceilings are dipping!
I don't know if this is just an unusual series of events...
andrelaplume2
Shaker style question
What are y'all's opinions on Shaker style cabinetry....should...
janelor
Inquiry into Counterfeit Faucet Certification Marks.
Faucets sold in North America are regulated. They are...
StarCraft Custom Builders
Build an Addition, Move, or Stick it out?
We live in a land-locked area with high real estate prices....
neverlandpirate
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™