Pulls to make slab cabinets not so modern?

battleshipApril 8, 2013

We are trying to pick out some pulls to make our newly ordered slab cabinets look not so modern.
I see alot of these euro bars on slab cabinets, but that straight, square style doesn't quite suit our space.
I like the cup pull/knob combo, but I'm not sure that it will work with the slab door (seems best for shaker style). I could be wrong though. Anybody have any other suggestions?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
localeater

All my lowers are slab. I have an arch pull. I wanted my kitchen to have a modern farmhouse feel, and so tab pulls which I originally planned didn't work out.
From GW Photos

From GW Photos

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 3:56PM
a2gemini

I used a basic arch pull but maybe what Badgergal used would work for you - Badger - are you out there?
I almost switched to her pulls but she helped me stay the course with my arch pulls.
I don't like pulls with extensions either - I have too much energy and catch my pockets on anything protruding...

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 7:13PM
badgergal

Yes a2, I am out here getting my nightly GW fix.
Battleship, the pulls I used are Hickory Hardware's Greenwich Collection. I used 10 inch pulls on my cabinet doors and longer ones on my drawers but the pulls comes in approx. 4 inch and 6 inch lengths too. Mine are the stainless finish but they also come in oil rubbed bronze, bright nickel and a finish called Windover Antique. I ordered mine from a local store but they are available online too (although not all sizes and finishes are available on all websites). It looks like the source below might have a good selection.
The oversize lengths I used on the drawers give a more contemporary look but I think the the 6 or 10 inch lengths would look great on slab doors and not be too modern. Below is a close up shot of mine. If you need to see more pictures just click on it to get to my album.

Here is a link that might be useful: Greenwich Pulls

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 9:09PM
texaspenny

We haven't installed them yet, but for our slab cherry cabinets we ordered Aspire from Berenson in Brushed Nickel. There is a slight narrowing in the middle that gives it a really nice profile. They are available on Amazon and the sample we got first had a nice weight to it. I think it was Ginny20 that said Berenson was a good company; I hadn't heard of them.

Here is a link that might be useful: Berenson Aspire

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 9:14PM
ginny20

Yep, it was I who suggested Berenson. My custom cabmaker carries a few hardware lines, and he suggested them. The finish is very nice. I think they're made in Buffalo. I love that Aspire that TexasPenny picked. They have a lot of pretty collections.

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 9:50PM
More Discussions
The perfect pad for a kitchen runner!!
I use a 12' long runner in my kitchen. It is an old...
bellsmom
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
General Contractor bid excessive?
I'm doing a forced remodel due to a flood and handling...
beachem
Scullery...
What are your thoughts about a scullery? A place to...
lavender_lass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™