paint color help

Jules112February 23, 2012

hi, I am putting an addition on my house that will be my new living room. It will be off the kitchen which is painted almond pastte. The old living room ( which will be the new dining room) and the hallway are also painted almond paste. the new living room will be informal and I wnat it to have a warm and cozy feel. My furntiture is a basic tan chenile. I love blue/grays but I am nervous that if I paint the walls that color it will be too cold. The new room will be 20 x 18. Any color suggestions for carpet and walls would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elizawhyza

How much light does the room get? I had a navy blue room once and it didn't seem cold at all. I think light charcoal or slate blue can seem very warm& cozy if they are dark enough, and then if you have gold picture frames against it, that warms it up, too. I think lighter blues and grays can seem cold, but not so much with darker shades.

I have a large area rug in my family room that is a frisee texture in a kind of nutty color that we've been really happy with. I can take a picture and post it when I get home. It doesn't show dirt and has worn very well. Even if your furniture color kind of blended into it, maybe you could use some strong colors in pillows to break it up. One word of advice I have received before is that it is easier to pick paint after you have the rug than it is to find a rug after the room is painted!

Bookmark   February 28, 2012 at 4:10PM
More Discussions
Joint Compound on Plaster Walls - Discoloration and bubbles?
We are having joint compound applied to our old plaster...
gqchynaboy
Cost to build cabinets/shelving
I have two unrelated cabinetry projects I'd like to...
noreastern
WCB QUESTION FOR CONTRACTORS
I live in BC, so I realize the answer may not be the...
houseofmagnolia
I need help with making a decision to paint golden oak wood or restain
I have a 28 year old view home with dark bronze aluminum...
kimkollie
Questions about attic & insulation
1980's era house. Blown in FG insulation which at this...
lucas_tx_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™