AAW Doors? Is Beveled Glass Dated?

numbersjunkieFebruary 7, 2013

I've been searching for a reasonably priced front door with glass to let in more light. Found one I really like - but would love to know if anyone has experience with this manufacturer and also wondered if beveled glass is dated looking? My house is cedar in a contemporary style - here is the door I'm considering.

Here is a link that might be useful: AAW Door

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

That's certainly not what I was expecting when you wrote about a potentially dated beveled glass door. That door is so unusual I don't think it could ever be dated.

It's pretty fabulous. If it works with your house, how could you not get it? :)

(No idea about the manufacturer, but they sure take some lovely photos!)

Bookmark   February 7, 2013 at 11:21PM
FineArtLover

I purchased 4 doors from this company. I waited 14 weeks ( I was quoted 10 weeks). The most expensive one cracked after having been installed for only a few days. The wood was not kiln dried as they have claimed, and also shrank so that it does not close. While we were finishing the wood, I noticed a hairline crack at a seam. I figured it would not be noticeable once it was stained and finished. But after it was hung it continued to spit. I notified the company immediately, including photos. They have refused to replace it. They have sited several different reasons, changing each time the previous one does not work.

Bookmark   September 1, 2013 at 3:08PM
numbersjunkie

I did see a door from them I liked, but we never ordered. The project was put on hold. So sorry about your experience with them. They will not get my business.

Bookmark   September 1, 2013 at 11:05PM
SunsetMal

We had an experience similar to that of FineArtLover.

Mahogany doors cracked shortly afer installation. Company declined to do anything after sending a rep to take pictures (luckily, we're local to AAW). Poor quality control and poor service...for expensive doors. I'd obviously look elsewhere.

Bookmark   November 26, 2014 at 2:26AM
More Discussions
Learning to read plans and drawings
We are embarking on the design phase for a remodel...
Susan Taylor Brown
What to do with fireplace/bookcase
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
jbryan21
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89 x-post
x-posted in Windows forum We're getting ready to remodel...
lisa_a
Remodel for your taste vs possible sale
We plan to be in our house for 4-5 more years. It's...
thbennet
Acting As My Own GC, Missing One Peice of the Puzzle
I am doing a kitchen renovation. I won't be moving...
homechef59
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™