Urgent - Tapmaster ?

eleenaApril 28, 2013

I have read threads discussing Tapmaster faucet controllers and I think I am going to get one. (I am interested in the Euro 1775 version but would consider others as well.)

However, I did not know about it till reading threads about motion activated faucets well into the kitchen remodel, so I did not plan for it. The sink cabinet as well as the toe-kick have already been installed.

The installation picture on Tapmaster website shows the cord going through the toe-kick area below the cabinet bottom.

Is it easy to retro-fit? Is it the only way to install it?

I need to order ASAP and I'd appreciate your input.

TIA!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

Tapmaster is an easy retrofit and usually goes in after the cabinet is in anyway. You just drill a hole in the toekick that gets covered by the pedal. You might need to fish the line through to a hole in the back of the cabinet for the neatest install but it's not bad to do in a new cabinet. (It would be gross to do that in my current nasty old cabinet which is why I haven't done it. Ewwwww.)

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 4:07PM
eleena

Thank you, fori!

Combined with comments to my other thread, I think Tapmaster it is.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 4:39PM
breezygirl

Mine was installed right after my cabs went in even though I had the TM on-hand prior so I don't see any difference with you installing one now. I did, however, have my cab maker/installer drill the holes for it so my plumber's job was easier. I figured my cab maker was better at drilling nice holes than a plumber. Very easy, and I really, really love my Tapmaster Euro 1775.

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 5:31PM
superpoutyduck

If you buy from Conservastore try using save10 as a coupon code. And call a couple of days after you order it to tell them you need it ASAP, it took them about a month to get me mine,

Bookmark   April 28, 2013 at 7:21PM
More Discussions
reasonable time before receipt of general contractor's estimate ?
What is a reasonable time to wait before a contractor's...
jeannette10
New to Kitchens? Read Me First!
Welcome! If you are new to the Kitchens Forum, you...
buehl
Honed Vermont Danby marble countertop owners... Love it or leave it???
I am hoping to understand people's experience who have...
Pippin
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
New Layout Help Please
Here's a first go of a new layout. We eat many meals...
sebandninasmom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™