OT - Lightning

K8OrlandoAugust 13, 2014

This isn't quilt related at all, except that the colors in this photo would make a pretty quilt, but we're having a spectacular thunder and lightning display right now. I was lucky to get this shot a few minutes ago and just wanted to share it with you all.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
K8Orlando

LOL - I guess I've already made the quilt! Didn't realize how close they were in color until I saw the pictures side by side in Photoshop.

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 8:42PM
beth7happy

oh my GOSH!!! the colors ARE so close!!! and both photographs are beautiful!!! That quilt is gorgeous!

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 9:03PM
akl_vdb

Beautiful, and beautiful! They are totally the same colours!

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 9:09PM
nanajayne

Nice work with both pictures. The black in the first is picked up with the head board of the bed.....lol.
Remarkable picture of the lighting. TFS

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 10:25PM
loisflan

Great shot of the lightning, Kate. And your quilt is wonderful. May I ask the name of your pattern, or is this one of your creations?

Bookmark   August 13, 2014 at 11:05PM
K8Orlando

It's a creation. I used a jelly roll (2.5" strips) and a layer cake (10" squares) in the batik set called Creamcicle. I think i added one or two more matching batiks I already had. I made HSTs out of all the layercake squares, then added 2 borders of the strips to each HST. I was as random as I could be with the whole process. Then I used a design wall to put them together, using any part of the block to bring out a pattern. I love the "nesting squares" effect. It took a lot of shuffling and then standing back to make it work. I did it at Retreat last year! Everyone pitched in with suggestions about the layout, but Jennifer played a big part! It turned into one of the fun latenite projects.

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 1:23AM
loisflan

That's very impressive. I think you all did a wonderful job. I can't wait to participate in one of the retreats. Maybe next year.

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 3:30PM
littlehelen_gw

Too funny about the photo colors and the quilt colors...how coincidental is that? Both...photo and quilt are beautiful!!!

I recall precariously standing on the folding chair re-arranging these blocks, and re-arranging them again and again....LOL...I think I'm packing a folding step stool this year.

Lois...mark your calendar now so we all get to meet next year!
V.

Bookmark   August 14, 2014 at 9:20PM
quiltnhen

Kate, Fabulous picture and quilt! Glad you were able to enjoy the lightening, not get zapped. I skipped swimming one day this week due to lightening here.

LindaB/CA

Bookmark   August 15, 2014 at 3:14PM
More Discussions
How about a QOTD ????
What is your bestest, most favorite, the "I never...
beth7happy
Another feature found
So, I found another feature that I thought you a) might...
jennifer_in_va
Wandering Quilters Shirt
Kate, where can we order one? I'd love to have one...
grammyp
Still having trouble separating my GW and H accounts
Just posting this to be sure it works after I confirmed....
quiltnhen
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™