First failed Advantium Dish

a2geminiApril 7, 2013

So, I decided to use my Advantium to make scalloped potatoes - but only for the 2 of us - so cut the recipe in half. I was in a hurry and didn't think about changing the times or that the pan I used was quite small.
Well... The liquids boiled over and the edges of the potatoes were quite dark - I thought my mom's old corning dish was toast.

Well - turns out my DH loved the dark crunchy potato edges and kept asking for more edges.

I chickened out tossing the dish in the DW and did soak this one - but I actually think the DW might have cleaned a lot of it off the pan - it is all clean and ready for the next round of potatoes...

The porcelain tray survived as well - just soaked it for awhile and killed our hot water heater - LOL - the water heater exhaust came disconnected and the water heater was smart enough to shut itself off instead of venting into the house.

Water heater is back in operation and I will try to remember to shorten the cooking time on the next round....

When I taught peeps to cross country ski - I would say if you don't fall several times - you won't learn how to ski as well cause you are not testing your balance limits

So, if I don't fail at cooking - I won't be as good of a cook... Hope you enjoy my little story.

Time to head to a warm shower :-)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Holly- Kay

Ohhh I love scalloped potatoes!

Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 3:57PM
More Discussions
Thank you GW! I have RUNNELS!
My soapstone arrived today, and is now sitting on my...
oldhousegal
Help w/ Bosch convection microwave auto chef settings
I needed a new microwave. Didn't need this fancy thing,...
rebunky
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Conestoga people, how did you do glass cabs? They don't do glass?
We were getting an estimate for some bar cabinetry,...
happyallison
37" or 30" cooktop?
I was planning on a 30" induction cooktop which...
12crumbles
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™