Contract without Inspection
My offer on a foreclosed home was accepted. The dealine for the contract is tomorrow, which I recieved on Monday. (wow, they move fast) As of this moment, I am unable to have an inspection due to all of the utilities not being on. The listing agent said to submit the contract, but to hold on to the earnest money until after the inspection. I don't want to lose the house, but I do not want to submit a contract without an inspection. Would I be held liable even if I don't submit the earnest money, since it's a contract that I am signing? I am a first time homebuyer and I'm very confused about this situation.