Have you used this formable Inn-spire?
I saw a leaf bowl made with it and had to give it a try. It's fun and makes a pretty nice bowl!
No, but tell me more......I was thinking retreat......
I'm pretty sure this bowl will be the exchange gift I'm bringing to Retreat but I'm not sure I can part with it! I may have to make another before the trip.
OK, here it is. Picture doesn't really show how dimensional it is. Maybe I can do a better one in daylight. I used batik strips in fall colors.
where does one find Inn-Spire???? That is sooo cool, Kate!
Quilt shops or on-line. I'm sure The Quilt Place near you has it, Beth. Ask for "Inn-Spire Plus".
"I'm pretty sure this bowl will be the exchange gift I'm bringing to Retreat" shush!! You're not suppose to tell us!!!!! I was thinking this would make a great workshop at Retreat!!!
It is very pretty - what Pattern/book did you use?
Well that's just way cool...nicely done.
Scroll down and watch the You Tube for edge treatments -- very cool!
Bad Kate!!!! Too many ideas!
Here is a link that might be useful: Leaf Bowl
- I didn't have a pattern; this is a simple leaf without serations. You could make it anything you want: any leaf, flower, box, animal, wing!
- I didn't think to look for a youtube demo! (doh!)
- I finished the edges with a satin stitch
- I didn't do any quilting, fancy stitching or thread painting on this one but I will next time
- I KNOW I'm not supposed to tell what the retreat gift is! That's why I didn't post a picture right away. But then I got caught up in the sharing thing and had to post the image. LOL