Bless a quilter contest - for fun!

karpetAugust 22, 2010

I came across some fabric last weekend that only another quilter would appreciate and I've been trying to think of how to use it. Sooo, how about a contest! If you know a fellow quilter who could use a pick-me-up, or a giggle, send me their story. I will post all the stories (w/o names) on here and the forum can vote. Which ever one gets the most votes, I'll send the silly quilty fabric too. Kind of a way to give a fabric pat-on-the-back to someone. What do you think? Anyone game? You can 'nominate' any quilter as long as you have their mailing address for me to send the fabric to.

Karlene

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
karpet

Here is a link to the silly quilty fabric.
Karlene

Here is a link that might be useful: silly/quilty fabric

Bookmark   August 23, 2010 at 9:41AM
cindykg23

Off the top of my head I'm thinking a large section of the fabric surrounded by a variety of traditional quilt blocks in coordinating colors. You know, Ohio Star, Churn Dash, Broken Dishes... Then backing & binding w/ the silly/quilty fabric also. With the fabric being so whimsical & the pics/sayings so special, cutting it up would be tragic IMO.
I'll keep 'pondering' this challenge while the plumber is here & I can't sew :( Sewing room just too far away from where he is working, & I can't hear his questions/comments!

Bookmark   August 23, 2010 at 9:48AM
odessaquilts

karpet,

Does the quilter need to belong to this board? Or can it be anyone who is a quilter that we know?

I think this is a fun idea and I LOVE it! Have a couple stories brewing in my brain right now ...

Odessa

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 9:09PM
karpet

ANY QUILTER! I've found that quilters are very generous, and I thought maybe you know one who is always making things for someone else, or someone who has encouraged and mentored other quilters, or someone who lost all their stash due to a natural disaster, or - well, that's what the stories are for! I have over 3 yds of this fabric, and it just seems to need to go to a quilter. I was afraid no one thought this was a good idea. Would it help if we set a date to submit your 'nomination' by?
Karlene

Bookmark   August 28, 2010 at 4:00PM
odessaquilts

Yes, let's post a closing date for nominations ... I know of a couple of people who would enjoy this, but wanted to make sure that it wouldn't step on toes to have them be from somewhere else.

Odessa

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 12:47AM
karpet

I will be off-line for awhile, but nominations can be emailed to me. How about we close nominations by 9/22, and then I will post the stories (names removed) and the forum can vote till 9/29. Then the fabric can go in the mail for the winner by the 30th.
Karlene

Bookmark   August 30, 2010 at 9:52AM
More Discussions
Wicked
I attended the AQS show in Lancaster Pa with a local...
littlehelen_gw
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
2015 April Block Lotto
Welcome to the April Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
polardreams
QOTD - Re-posting others' pictures
Is there a rule, or convention, or prohibition against...
loisflan
My sewing helper
Isn't he doing a good job?
msmeow
Sponsored Products
Evergreen Enterprises Portly Bunny Garden Statue - EG84974
$25.76 | Hayneedle
Fun Colors Cabinet Table Wall
$42.99 | zulily
Piyo Piyo Feeding Toddler Gift Set - GS-FTGS
$29.95 | Hayneedle
Hyper Links Giclee Glow Lamp Shade 13.5x13.5x10 (Spider)
$69.99 | Lamps Plus
King Quilt 104" x 90" - WHITE
$230.00 | Horchow
Fat Tray by Alessi
$160.00 | Lumens
Blue Growth Chart Personalized Wall Decal
$34.99 | zulily
Hyper Links Giclee Brushed Nickel Garth Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™