Up for Grabs

kay_in_paAugust 15, 2011

On Friday I made an incredible buy from Craig's List. A lady had a couple of bins of fabric (mostly quilting cottons) that I bought for a bit over $1 a yard (almost 200 yards estimated, with some of it in fat quarters and 1 yard or less pieces, which gives me great variety). Three or four pieces were long enough to use for backings! Really excited over my find.

However there are 2 pieces that I KNOW I'll never use, so if anyone wants them, please let me know. One is a pillow panel from Star Wars (red Darth Vader on one side, green Yoda on the other), and the other piece is 25" of San Diego Charger fabric. Please email me your address if you'd like either of these.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toolgranny

I don't want them either but do send congratulations! Great find.

Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 6:48PM
magothyrivergirl

If nobody else takes them, I will take the Star Wars--but only if there is not another taker. I will use them for the Salvation Army Bears our Guild dresses and makes child size quilts. I try to do something for a boy - so I could cut these apart and use them.
If someone else wants them -send them to that person - just don't let them go to waste.

Great find!

Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 8:07PM
calliope

Fabric finds like that leave me drooling. Good on you.

Bookmark   August 15, 2011 at 9:19PM
lafonda_ranch

Can you tell me more about the Chargers fabric? Is it a small print or a big print? My mom's side of the family is from San Diego, so I'm sure I can find a use for that piece.

And what a great find!! I love craigslist.

Robbi

Bookmark   August 16, 2011 at 9:00AM
kay_in_pa

Robbi, the print is more what I'd call medium. The helmets are 3-1/2" wide, and the chargers motif is 4.5" wide. Vertical repeat is 4". Has your address changed since you were doing lottos? If not, I have it.

Marsha, would you please email me yours? This panel would make 2 great kids' quilt centers, rather than the pillow it appears they were designed for.

I'll get them in the mail this week. Glad they'll get used!

Bookmark   August 16, 2011 at 11:25AM
lafonda_ranch

Kay, my address is still the same. Thank you!!!!!!!!

Robbi

Bookmark   August 16, 2011 at 11:36AM
magothyrivergirl

Kay,
I received the envelope - thank you! The Star Wars panel will indeed make 2 very cute, quick quilts - as long as I keep it simple! I have black, red and green - so I'll only have to buy backing. Now I have a plan - sorta :)
Thank You again! Going to a good cause.

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 4:54PM
lafonda_ranch

First I want to apologize for taking so long to let you know I received the fabric last weekend. This past week has been crazy!!

Second, thank you sooooo much! I will be able to put that fabric to some good use. My mothers side of the family are Charger fans, so I can probably get a few pillows at the very least out of it.

Thank you again!!

Robbi

Bookmark   August 30, 2011 at 8:33AM
More Discussions
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
Another feature found
So, I found another feature that I thought you a) might...
jennifer_in_va
Are you quilting this weekend? Feb. 28-March 1
What are you working on this week? My DD and I are...
lindaoh_gw
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™