Well, I got this banner top out of time out last weekend and gritted my teeth and finished it. I had a heck of a time quilting it! Machines balked at quilting the applique through the fusible, then I got puckers when I tried to stipple the background on the frame. So I frog-stitched the stippling I had done (not much, thankfully) and stitched in the ditch around the narrow border and called it done.
This was a kit I picked up several years ago at a quilt show. I swapped out 4 or 5 of the fat eighths for fabric in my stash - they had put a few stripes in with all those near-solids.
Close up of the top and bottom:
I'm going to hang it in my dull gray office at work.