applied end panels vs no end panel

lexmomof3April 8, 2013

I'm planning on ordering Conestoga beaded inset cabinets. I like the look of integrated end panels but they only offer applied end panels. Essentially, it's a face frame with doors inside. I'm thinking that if I do end panels, I would just do the face frame without the doors. But I'm on the fence about doing them at all. I love end panels on cabinets and feel that they give them a more finished look but I just don't know that I like applied end panels where you can see that it was added. Maybe I've over thinking it like I do everything else in this building project but I hate to pay the extra cost and then not like them. Any suggestions? Pictures would be great!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fori is not pleased

It depends on the overall style you're going for. I hate to see door panels on ends with furniture style cabinets because it's so unfurniture-like. Yet in a frilly or otherwise detailed kitchen, a totally plain end looks wrong too.

Just the face frame might look good but you're gonna have to produce some pictures of your door style!

Bookmark   April 8, 2013 at 8:36PM
gr8daygw

I'm having a little trouble envisioning what you mean by applied end panels. I have side panels on my cabinets and wouldn't have it any other way. They just make the cabinets looks so much more finished and beautiful. I recently had the master bath cabinets painted and added the end panels and wow what a difference! They went from looking builder grade to furniture quality. I will try to add some pics, photobucket is not as easy as it used to be, I had more to show but it's just nearly impossible to get photos to show up in photobucket and it takes forever. The first two photos are my house and the 3rd one is a show house in our area from a few months ago.

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 9:27AM
Kristen Hallock

gr8day - Would you mind telling me about your floors? Are they red oak? Did you stain them? What is the finish on them?

Thank You!

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 9:42AM
gr8daygw

Hi khallock, that last photo is the show house I worked in a few months ago but the top two are my own home. I am so sorry not to be of more help.

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 10:13AM
More Discussions
Help! Removing stains on granite
I am hoping that somebody here can help with this because...
kellienoelle
the cabinets are coming, the cabinets are coming...
some may recall the debacle with our cabinets. delivery...
lmgch
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
Why is a backsplash so hard to choose?
Got the counters in place today...love my Taj Mahal...
ssg7741
Your longest stretch of granite counter w/o seam?
Our counters will be re-templated later today. It...
tea4all
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™