Is this a good price for a provia door?

berkeley223January 25, 2014

I am replacing our front entry door with sidelights. We really want external grids (not internal) so to get them in the style of door we want in provia we need to get the signet model. We were quoted $6000 for the provia signet with external grids and two sidelights. Is this a good price?

Alternatively, for about $1000 less I could get a similar style door and sidelights from Millikin Millworks, which I can find little about online but based on one comment on this board they are nothing special.

Thoughts on the price of the provia and whether it's worth the extra $1000 to get the provia vs the Milliken?

thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9

I guess my view is not whether the Provia is worth $1000 more than the Millikin, but why you believe you have to spend $6000 to get this type of door. In my area I can guarantee that one can get a really fine door with sidelights for thousands less. How many bids have you gotten for the type of door you want? Is it some unusual size?

Just as a point of reference, take a look at what fiberglass doors with sidelights are going for on eBay:

Here is a link that might be useful: Fiberglass doors

Bookmark   February 7, 2014 at 2:10PM
More Discussions
Clueless - help me decide on floorplan!
I need help! We are renovating and adding on to a 1600...
essenay
Structural Engineer - What do I need to Know?
I'm planning a kitchen gut/remodel in my three-story,...
Carrie B
Do I match exterior door/window hardware to interior?
We will have white interior doors with oil rubbed bronze...
happyallison
Any reviews of J & K Cabinetry?
We are redoing our kitchen and I came across this type...
Jill_homemaker
Bad Countertop Fabrication
Hello, Hoping to get some advice/opinions! We just...
diynola
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™