Lightweight bed cover

cocoonerJune 16, 2009

Hi there. On my king size bed, I currently have what was known as a "summer quilt". It is a printed pattern with minimal stuffing. It's great for the warmer months. But it is is falling apart, and I really need to get something new. It seems like no one sells these anymore, but I thought I'd ask here if folks had seen them somewhere, or had any ideas about alternatives. A sheet is too lightweight, and the typical quilt is too heavy.

cocooner

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yborgal

I'm partial to Matelasse coverlets. They're washable and heavier than a sheet and lighter than a quilt or bedspread.

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 8:46AM
camlan

The Vermont Country Store doesn't have the summer weight quilt, but they do have a lot of different lightweight bed covers and bedspreads.

Here is a link that might be useful: summer bedding

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 10:11AM
nanny2a

I found a summer-weight quilt at Walmart, of all places. It's the perfect weight for our climate and was most affordable. I purchased it online. You might want to check there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Walmart summer quilts

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 10:21AM
bbstx

I use a down blanket in the summer. I got it on sale at Target. I have one in each room. It is the perfect weight for us down here in the deep South. And if we get an especially cold snap in the winter, I use it in addition to the down comforter (makes for very lightweight but extremely warm covers). Bear in mind, my down comforter is pretty light weight too, because it is never that bitterly cold here...or at least not for long.

I also have a matelasse coverlet, but it is much heavier than the down blanket. It is packed away.

Here is a link that might be useful: Woolrich down blanket at Target

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 11:19AM
More Discussions
Width of light over vanity?
I am doing a budget renovation of the hall/company...
Susan Taylor Brown
Any idea what this style house is called?
Hello folks! I saw this house and am very interested...
jplanger
Question about decorating rooms that lead to another
Both my living room and kitchen are visible from my...
tracefacemsu
Paint Ceiling Trim/crown color or wall color?
I'm getting ready to repaint my LR/DR kitchen area....
CaroleOH
Annie D. & others -- Should I say goodbye to my crystal chandelier?
I'm redecorating my dining room and am doing British...
valpogal47
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™