need ceiling paint color suggestion

mabeldingeldine_gwJune 25, 2013

We are in the midst of a big refresh of the main floor of our house. We are refinishing floors, and repainting. We replaced the popcorn ceiling in the sitting room, and will be painting SW Sassy Green, a lighter, fresher shade of green than we have now in the photos. We'll keep the wainscoting the same, but doors and trim will be SW Blonde.

Originally my DH wanted a white ceiling, but this morning(!) he said maybe we should paint it a warmer shade. I would love color suggestions as it took weeks to come up the the colors. We are hoping to be painting by Thursday and we have already purchased the rest of the paint.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jmc01

SW Buckram Binding...a light beige in their Arts and Crafts Palette. We have white oak floors like yours and wainscoting like yours. this ceiling color works well.

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 7:08AM
randita

SW Dover White (their most popular off white) or SW Alabaster would go well with your wall choices. Both of them are warm whites and are light and airy.

My first choice with the Blonde and Sassy Green would be Dover White - it's got a very delicate touch of yellow/gold in it.

But Alabaster has a lot of fans as well.

Get Color To Go Samples, paint some foam or poster board and tape it up on the ceiling to see what you like best.

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 8:01AM
mabeldingeldine_gw

Thanks randita and jmc01, I will check out Dover White and Buckram Binding today. Got the floor sanded yesterday and we will be going with a clear finish so it will look less yellow this time.

This forum is so helpful with this info, and the paint swatch book has too, too many choices!

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 9:55AM
mabeldingeldine_gw

Thanks for the advice. We ended up with SW Jersey Cream for the ceilings. I was worried as it went on really yellow, but mellowed out nicely and looks great with the green.

Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 7:38PM
More Discussions
TIGHT Space for Mirrors (Between the Light Fixture and Backsplash) :(
We are coming into the home stretch. Although there...
Monrovia Mom
Help with window treatments
Hi, we put in new living room windows, and now I need...
marbelle21
Starting with a (mostly) blank slate--paint?
I've been reading Gardenweb for a couple years, but...
mosspiglet
Ikea mattresses
We need to get a new twin mattress for my DS (9). ...
jlc712
SW Kilm Beige
If you have used this color, would you please tell...
boystown
Sponsored Products
Gingerbread Man Porcelain Music Box
Grandin Road
Vintage Gatehouse Bird House
Signature Hardware
Dayton Carbon Black Paint Shaker Kitchen Cabinet Sample
CliqStudios Cabinets
Leonardo Da Vinci The Last Supper Hand Painted Framed Canvas Art
Overstock.com
Emerald 32" Round Brezza Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus