We are looking to make a cash offer on a property that has just recently been placed for sale. We know there will be another offer for the buyers, but it is a conventional financing offer.
We are planning to offer 20 k less than the asking price, and hoping this will carry some weight with the seller as the financing is a sure thing.
Our agent keeps telling us if we want the house we will need to put our maximum offer up first. We are reluctant to do that simply because the home needs a fair amount of work, and is priced way above the tax value. I am not so sure our agent isn't playing us just a little, especially since it is a colleague of her same agency that is representing the seller.
What advice do you have....put the maximum up first? My sense is they would accept our maximum offer. However, it would leave us with less $ for repairs after the inspections are done. Or would you take a chance and put up the lower (but still fair, I think) offer first and hope they decide to counter us rather than take a bigger chance with the conventional financing buyer??
I'm torn. Anything you can contribue is so appreciated!