Huskystar sewing machine

buteau3rdAugust 20, 2011

I have acquired this machine for a backup, and wondered if I have company here. I am having a problem judging my scant 1/4" seams.......any hints? What foot do you use?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cannahavana

I have one and is my primary machine for 5 years now. I use the quarter inch foot ( the one with the blade on the side) and move my needle to the 4.0 position, I think. It's the farthest I can go to the right without hitting the foot with the needle. When I get home I will post what the foot letter is. I have not had a days trouble out of it.

Rebecca

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 4:15PM
buteau3rd

Thank you so much for the reassurance. I bought this one through a classified ad, and haven't really used it very much. When I did start to try it out, I was happy with the stitch,(very happy) but not the scant 1/4" set-up. Funny how we get used to how we alter our ways to get that seam allowance just the way we want it.
I'll be on the watch for the foot that you use.......but I bought a new foot from Joannes today, and will try that. But it doesn't have the blade on the side, they didn't have it.
Marge

Bookmark   August 20, 2011 at 7:38PM
cannahavana

I checked the foot that I use and it doesn't have a letter on it. I believe I bought it after the machine from my dealer. I just googled an image and came up with a Janome foot that looks exactly like mine, so that is probably what it is. Did you get the C10 or C20 model? I have the c10. The only difference, I believe, is the c20 has letters in the built in stitches. At the time I bought mine, it was like a $100 difference. I rarely use the fancy stitches any ways.

Bookmark   August 21, 2011 at 11:22AM
More Discussions
I'm new here and sharing my quilts
Hello, I'm new to your forum, but not new to sewing....
craftylady
2015 April Block Lotto
Welcome to the April Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
polardreams
First & Second completed quilted table runners I made...
This is the second one I made... I made this for my...
shihtzu4su
Sewing Cabinet opening size
I have a new Babylock Crescendo sewing machine (equivalent...
kimwebs
Just finished
Pattern called Diamond Double from Cozy Quilt. If you...
nannykins
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™