LOOKING for: Spry Aunt Jenny's Refr. Molasses Cookies Recipe

juleshgnDecember 6, 2009

Growing up, my grandmother would make molasses cookies each Christmas. However, since she passed away, I haven't been able to figure out the recipe. The cookies are a cutout recipe not drop. I recently came across something of her's where she had listed recipe sources. It said "Refr. Molasses Cookies - Spry Aunt Jenny's Cookbook." However, I don't have the book. If anyone could share this recipe, I would appreciate it!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paulah-gardener

--Here it is-- REFRIGERATOR MOLASSES COOKIES BY AUNT JENNY-- 1 cup Spry 1 cup molases 1 cup brown sugar 1 egg 4 cups flour 1 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon soda 2 teaspoon ginger 1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon cloves Mix Spry,molasses, and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over low heat and boil 2 minutes. Cool to luke-warm...add egg and beat well...sift dry ingredients together add to molasses and blend well. Pack firmly in sprycoated 8x8-inch pan lined with waxed paper. Chill in frig overnight. Slice dough 1/8 inch thick and cut cookies desired length. Place on greased cookie sheet.Sprinkle with sugar before baking. 350 oven 10 minutes...makes 8 doz glad I could help Paula

Bookmark   December 7, 2009 at 9:16AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juleshgn

Thank you!

Bookmark   December 8, 2009 at 12:30PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Help! Flan
Friend from Dominican Republic served and gave me this...
glenda_al
RECIPE: looking for: potato boats recipe
What are the healthy ingredients you can incorporate...
elleau
LOOKING for: Christmas Cookies
Is it time to start posting Christmas Cookies yet???...
roselin32
RECIPE: Nut filled crescent rolls
Hi all, when I was a young girl, my mom would get together...
dspen
LOOKING for: elephant garlic recipes?
i grew a bunch and now i don't know what to do with...
mollyjanea
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™