LOOKING for: Catering - Just Starting Out

lacheleDecember 4, 2008

Hi, I have been reading everyone's posts and you all seem to have good advice. I am just starting a little party service. Nothing big and just word of mouth. My work asked me to cater our holiday party and I am just wondering your thoughts on our menu and what portions I should prepare for a buffet of about 25 people. They weren't into "Fancy" sounding food :) But I am so while this is "normal" food I am very open to any fun ideas for future events. Thanks so much for your help! La'Chele

Appetizers:

Sushi- various kinds

Stuffed mushrooms

Bruchetta - two kinds

Spinach Artichoke dip with Pita Chips

Deviled Eggs

Lumpia- Philipino Egg rolls very tasty

Dinner:

Bowtie pasta - 3 sauces

- Alfredo

- Marinara

- Pesto

Salad:

Caesar

Dessert:

Mini Cheesecakes

Individual French Silk Pies

Individual Lemon Meringue Pies

Drinks:

Water Punch with Cranberries

Lemonade

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ginger_st_thomas

The site below should be able to help with quantities, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Growlies for Groups

Bookmark   December 5, 2008 at 5:12AM
teresa_nc7

My thought is that you have too many appetizers; four should be enough with the rest of your menu and I would make one of them some fruit or veggies with a low fat dip for those looking for something healthy. Just my opinion.

Teresa

Bookmark   December 5, 2008 at 8:26AM
lachele

Thanks! I can drop the deviled eggs and Lumpia but the others they were pretty set on. Unfortunatley I tried to offer veggies but they only wanted the salad. So I think I am stuck there this time but I am glad for the input for future events.

La'Chele

Thanks for the site Ginger

Bookmark   December 5, 2008 at 1:03PM
chase_gw

Lovely menu but is this a vegetarian crowd? I'd loose the deviled eggs , doesn't fit with the rest of the appetizers in my mind. As Linda said I'd try and work in smoked salmon or maybe prosciutto and melon.

Again I love the choice of pasta sauces but I would also have a a meat selection for those who want. Meatballs would be nice .

Bookmark   December 5, 2008 at 7:08PM
sharon_fl

For some parties that I wanted to use deviled eggs or a version thereof? After hard boiling the eggs & cutting them in half crossways (so they're deeper than longer)-and slice off a tiny end so they stand properly...I'd use the yolks in either ham salad or finely diced chicken salad & place a tiny amount in the egg white 'cups'..add a tiny sprig of parsley for color.
When I make stuffed mushrooms-instead of the bread stuffing-I make sharp cheddar cheese balls (finely grated sharp cheese, cayenne pepper, beaten egg whites & salt).. then rolled in bread crumbs, then freeze them until serving time. The day of...I lightly sautee my caps in margarine, drain & dry -place on a cookie sheet-add the cheese ball & bake for about 10-15 min. until the cheese has just melted a bit Delish!

Bookmark   December 9, 2008 at 6:24AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Onion Soup What to mix with Guyere cheese
I'm planning to make my French Onion Soup for a number...
qmarker
LOOKING for: Toddle House strawberry cream pie
If anyone remembers the Toddle House from way back,...
martha.
LOOKING for: how to use peaches
somebody just gave 60 huge beautiful peaches BUT I...
ginnier
LOOKING for: Sweet potato recipes : not pureed or sweet
I love sweet potatoes. I would like to incorporate...
linnea56
RECIPE: looking for: potato boats recipe
What are the healthy ingredients you can incorporate...
elleau
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™